By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US february monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

binary solo said:
I'm going to hazard a guess that Evolve won't make it into the NPD top 10.

That Farcry 4 half price sale has bumped most of the regulars down by 5 places, but that should be a relatively short term thing. Regular programming will resume after a while. And PS TV has of course bumped almost everything else down by 2 places.

It'll be quite embarassing if Evolve misses out on the top ten. The only other new releases are exclusives and one is a remake while the other is a new IP with a lot of negative previews. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
binary solo said:

That Farcry 4 half price sale has bumped most of the regulars down by 5 places, but that should be a relatively short term thing. Regular programming will resume after a while. And PS TV has of course bumped almost everything else down by 2 places.

It'll be quite embarassing if Evolve misses out on the top ten. The only other new releases are exclusives and one is a remake while the other is a new IP with a lot of negative previews. 

The problem for Evolve right now is the highest sku for the month is PS4 at #35. But over the last 24 hrs or so the highest any sku has been in the hourly charts is about 50, and right now the Xb one sku is in the 90s and the PS4 sku is out of the top 100. The game has been out only 4 days and it's already almost off the hourly chart. Dying light has been out since january and it's still charting in the top 50 at full price.

When you look at the NPD result for January 8 of the top 10 were cross gen titles, which means at least 5 platforms (including PC) to contribute to the sales total. Dying light was the only nexgen only non-nintendo title. and then there was SSB which required the Wii U and 3DS sales combined to get to position 6 in the rankings. On Amazon, for January Dying Light achieved ranks 32 and 68, so clearly Amazon is not good at picking the software winner, so Evolve could very well be selling much better at places like Gamestop. But for both Evolve skus to possibly be out of the Amazon top 100 before it's been out for a week does suggest it might be struggling for sales.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
Fusioncode said:
binary solo said:

The problem for Evolve right now is the highest sku for the month is PS4 at #35. But over the last 24 hrs or so the highest any sku has been in the hourly charts is about 50, and right now the Xb one sku is in the 90s and the PS4 sku is out of the top 100. The game has been out only 4 days and it's already almost off the hourly chart. Dying light has been out since january and it's still charting in the top 50 at full price.

When you look at the NPD result for January 8 of the top 10 were cross gen titles, which means at least 5 platforms (including PC) to contribute to the sales total. Dying light was the only nexgen only non-nintendo title. and then there was SSB which required the Wii U and 3DS sales combined to get to position 6 in the rankings. On Amazon, for January Dying Light achieved ranks 32 and 68, so clearly Amazon is not good at picking the software winner, so Evolve could very well be selling much better at places like Gamestop. But for both Evolve skus to possibly be out of the Amazon top 100 before it's been out for a week does suggest it might be struggling for sales.

Agree. I mean ya it's a good sign if software charts well on Amazon, but people like to get the big releases in a real store go home pop it in and play. Who wants to wait a few days for a new game at the same price. 

Hardware makes more sense to buy online as the cost of shipping(if you don't get free) is less the taxes you would have paid on it.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

bigjon said:
binary solo said:
Fusioncode said:
binary solo said:

Agree. I mean ya it's a good sign if software charts well on Amazon, but people like to get the big releases in a real store go home pop it in and play. Who wants to wait a few days for a new game at the same price. 

Hardware makes more sense to buy online as the cost of shipping(if you don't get free) is less the taxes you would have paid on it.

Wouldn't that trend be the same across all big games then, It doesn't seem logical that more people would buy Dying Light on Amazon, but when itcomes to Evolve, they suddenly feel like they have to go out and pick it up at gamestop...

DonFerrari said:
Year rank at the moment for new releases to compare The Order.... Quite possible that we get it over X1's Dying Light 1st week on launch.

Dying Light PS4 at 21
Dying Light X1 at 55
The Order at 71

Evolve haven't charted

Evolve has done stupendously bad. The Order may have, at least on Amazon, more preorders than both Evolve skus combined by the time it launches.

Around the Network
celador said:
DonFerrari said:
Year rank at the moment for new releases to compare The Order.... Quite possible that we get it over X1's Dying Light 1st week on launch.

Dying Light PS4 at 21
Dying Light X1 at 55
The Order at 71

Evolve haven't charted

Evolve has done stupendously bad. The Order may have, at least on Amazon, more preorders than both Evolve skus combined by the time it launches.

According to a user on Neogaf the Order had more pre orders at Gamestop than both SKUs for Evolve combined about a week ago.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=150839321&postcount=837

DerNebel said:
celador said:
DonFerrari said:

Dying Light PS4 at 21
Dying Light X1 at 55
The Order at 71

Evolve haven't charted

According to a user on Neogaf the Order had more pre orders at Gamestop than both SKUs for Evolve combined about a week ago.

Well the guy is "Bish Checked" as they say on gaf, so we know that he actually does work for Gamestop. If that is true in most places than the game is set to be more successful than I thought.

^^Continued looking at that thread that you linked to. Same guy says Bloodborne preorder numbers are terrible.

celador said:
DerNebel said:
celador said:

Well the guy is "Bish Checked" as they say on gaf, so we know that he actually does work for Gamestop. If that is true in most places than the game is set to be more successful than I thought.

Yeah I think The Order sales will surprise some people, I think it'll reach a million in 2 weeks, 3 tops.

celador said:
^^Continued looking at that thread that you linked to. Same guy says Bloodborne preorder numbers are terrible.

Yeah he does, but I think that Bloodborne will start picking up after The Order is out, that's probably when the marketing is really going to be set in motion (though it has already somewhat started already, with the whole IGN first thing) also I see almost no way that Bloodborne is going to be panned critically so that should help too... overall I'm not worried for Bloodborne at all, it'll be a successful collaboration.