By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US february monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

damn evolve almost out of the top 100 4 days after launch
kirby you keep moving up
order doing great
mh4 moving up
and zelda holding on

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
Fusioncode said:
Demon's Souls sold 1.76m on PS3. I could see Bloodborne doing a bit better than that because of the established fanbase so 2m lifetime seems like a safe bet. I'm sure From Software and Sony would be happy with those numbers. The Order could sell around 3m simply because the genre is more mainstream friendly. And with Uncharted, Sony knows how to market cinematic 3rd person shooters.

That's what I'm thinking for Bloodborne, 2 million, maybe 2.5 if it does really well. Nothing massive but definitely enough to make Sony and From Software happy and to warrant a sequel in 2017-2018.

The Order could very well go above 3 million if it's not destroyed by critics and gets good word of mouth.

eh Im bold I say 3 million ltf

then when bloodbourne 2 comes out then the series will get huge

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Damn, is true that Far Cry have legs... Very good, it is awesome.

BraLoD said:
Vita TV #3 and #9
PS4 #15

The end is near! LOL.

I know that's because of the huge discount, but that's so weird!
Also, if it wasn't for Far Cry 4 equivalent discount Vita TV would be #1.
Vita being #1 is not a thing we see very often XD

Damn, if Sony only dropped the price by ~$20, plus did some more advertising, I bet PS/Vita TV would catch on really well.

Just read through all the recent comments. Here are my thoughts.

I'm really surprised how the Vita TV leapt out of nowhere. I mean, yes, it got a discount, but I thought it was dead. I wonder if cutting the price of the handheld to let's say $170 (maybe even $150) will produce at least the type of boost the PS3 gets when its price gets cut to $220.

That's really cool that according to OsirisBlack, The Order preordering more than both Evolve SKUs combined in Gamestop. Bummed that Bloodborne isn't preordering well though it has about a month and 10 days for preorders to pick up. After The Order releases, Sony will start advertising Bloodborne which should boost numbers prior to launch.

As others have pointed out, Demon's Souls sold 1.76M and that was when the series had yet to establish itself. The PS4 userbase also contains a lot of previously 360-only gamers, so I can see Bloodborne doing over 2M lifetime easily.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:

Yeah, all Sony systems would get a pretty good boost with a price cut, and I hope all of them get it by E3.

Sony needs the,extra bucks but it's probably better to bring more customers now. It's time for a boost.

I think at this point, the manufacturing costs for the PS3 should be low enough to warrant a big price cut. It might even have an internal hardware revision to finish things off. As for the Vita handheld, I'm not sure if Sony cares enough to cut the price. But the one thing I'm sure of is that Sony needs to cut the memory card prices to micro-SD levels. Seriously, why are they still priced so high?

BraLoD said:
thismeintiel said:
BraLoD said:
Vita TV #3 and #9
PS4 #15

The end is near! LOL.

I know that's because of the huge discount, but that's so weird!
Also, if it wasn't for Far Cry 4 equivalent discount Vita TV would be #1.
Vita being #1 is not a thing we see very often XD

Damn, if Sony only dropped the price by ~$20, plus did some more advertising, I bet PS/Vita TV would catch on really well.

Yeah, all Sony systems would get a pretty good boost with a price cut, and I hope all of them get it by E3.

Sony needs the,extra bucks but it's probably better to bring more customers now. It's time for a boost.

Definitely time for a some cuts.  It would be a huge E3 if at the end they announced price cuts across the board.  $299/$349 PS4.  $149 12GB PS3.  $149-$169 Vita.  $49-69 PS/Vita TV.  And slash about $10-$20 off each Vita memory card.

Be interesting to see if this PSVita TV thing sticks around or if its kinda like the Amiibos that shoot up briefly and then settle down outside to top 100.

Far Cry 4 for PS4 is insanity!!!!! O_O
Even XBO version still in TOP 5!!!!!

The Order is at 16, but 6 of the item ahead of are only there because of a big sale. So its technically around number 10 (once those sales end).

In fact it is the 2nd best selling full priced game (MM would be number 1).

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut