By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US february monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

DerNebel said:
celador said:
^^Continued looking at that thread that you linked to. Same guy says Bloodborne preorder numbers are terrible.

Yeah he does, but I think that Bloodborne will start picking up after The Order is out, that's probably when the marketing is going to really going to be set in motion (though it has already somewhat started with the whole IGN first thing) also I see almost no way that Bloodborne is going to be panned critically so that should help too... overall I'm not worried for Bloodborne at all, it'll be a successful collaboration.

Yeah Bloodborne has a built in fanbase, it'll sell atleast the same as previous Souls games.

Around the Network
celador said:
DonFerrari said:
Year rank at the moment for new releases to compare The Order.... Quite possible that we get it over X1's Dying Light 1st week on launch.

Dying Light PS4 at 21
Dying Light X1 at 55
The Order at 71

Evolve haven't charted

Evolve has done stupendously bad. The Order may have, at least on Amazon, more preorders than both Evolve skus combined by the time it launches.

Preparing myself to celebrate the success of The Order.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DerNebel said:
celador said:
DonFerrari said:
Year rank at the moment for new releases to compare The Order.... Quite possible that we get it over X1's Dying Light 1st week on launch.

Dying Light PS4 at 21
Dying Light X1 at 55
The Order at 71

Evolve haven't charted

Evolve has done stupendously bad. The Order may have, at least on Amazon, more preorders than both Evolve skus combined by the time it launches.

According to a user on Neogaf the Order had more pre orders at Gamestop than both SKUs for Evolve combined about a week ago.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=150839321&postcount=837

Well considering The Order is at position 21 for the month, and is only going to up from there. And Evolve's highest placing for the month is 35 Amazon does seem to be suggesting The Order pre-orders are going to come close to being more than Evolve'c combined. Now we just have to hope the game is well received and gets good reviews and good word of mouth.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

TheObserver said:
DerNebel said:
celador said:
^^Continued looking at that thread that you linked to. Same guy says Bloodborne preorder numbers are terrible.

Yeah he does, but I think that Bloodborne will start picking up after The Order is out, that's probably when the marketing is going to really going to be set in motion (though it has already somewhat started with the whole IGN first thing) also I see almost no way that Bloodborne is going to be panned critically so that should help too... overall I'm not worried for Bloodborne at all, it'll be a successful collaboration.

Yeah Bloodborne has a built in fanbase, it'll sell atleast the same as previous Souls games.

It does, but it is also an inherently less popular genre than action/TPS. So people should temper their expectations for Bloodborne. I'm sure it'll be a great game, and it is great to have another high profile exclusive for Sony coming out so soon after the Order. But there is no way it will have the kind of sales and hardware pushing effect of The Order if it gets a meta score in the mid 80s.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

PS4 14
X1 26

price matters not, PS4 superiority is securing another months ndp win.

Around the Network

Demon's Souls sold 1.76m on PS3. I could see Bloodborne doing a bit better than that because of the established fanbase so 2m lifetime seems like a safe bet. I'm sure From Software and Sony would be happy with those numbers. The Order could sell around 3m simply because the genre is more mainstream friendly. And with Uncharted, Sony knows how to market cinematic 3rd person shooters.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:
Demon's Souls sold 1.76m on PS3. I could see Bloodborne doing a bit better than that because of the established fanbase so 2m lifetime seems like a safe bet. I'm sure From Software and Sony would be happy with those numbers. The Order could sell around 3m simply because the genre is more mainstream friendly. And with Uncharted, Sony knows how to market cinematic 3rd person shooters.

That's what I'm thinking for Bloodborne, 2 million, maybe 2.5 if it does really well. Nothing massive but definitely enough to make Sony and From Software happy and to warrant a sequel in 2017-2018.

The Order could very well go above 3 million if it's not destroyed by critics and gets good word of mouth.

DerNebel said:

That's what I'm thinking for Bloodborne, 2 million, maybe 2.5 if it does really well. Nothing massive but definitely enough to make Sony and From Software happy and to warrant a sequel in 2017-2018.

The Order could very well go above 3 million if it's not destroyed by critics and gets good word of mouth.

I'm not entirely certain but I believe the Souls series has now moved from 'niche' to 'established' and will sell better than most people think. It's been deliberately marketed (or suggested) it has links with Demon's Soul and that's clearly to get the fans of the original interested, which they will be. But we also know that a lot of 360 owners, who were introduced to the franchise via Dark Souls 1/2, have now moved over to the PS4. I think between the Demon's Souls fans on PS3 who have bought a PS4 and the Dark Souls fans on PS3 and 360, we'll see a decent increase in sales. This has to be offset by install base though. That's why I'm not 'entirely certain'. I think it could hit 4m lifetime. I also think that the release of Dark Souls 2 on the PS4 could garner some new fans to the franchise.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
DerNebel said:

I'm not entirely certain but I believe the Souls series has now moved from 'niche' to 'established' and will sell better than most people think. It's been deliberately marketed (or suggested) it has links with Demon's Soul and that's clearly to get the fans of the original interested, which they will be. But we also know that a lot of 360 owners, who were introduced to the franchise via Dark Souls 1/2, have now moved over to the PS4. I think between the Demon's Souls fans on PS3 who have bought a PS4 and the Dark Souls fans on PS3 and 360, we'll see a decent increase in sales. This has to be offset by install base though. That's why I'm not 'entirely certain'. I think it could hit 4m lifetime. I also think that the release of Dark Souls 2 on the PS4 could garner some new fans to the franchise.

Well those are some pretty high expectations you have there, I don't think it'll go that high but like I said it should do well enough to make all parties involved happy.

DerNebel said:

Well those are some pretty high expectations you have there, I don't think it'll go that high but like I said it should do well enough to make all parties involved happy.

Well, if I didn't have high expectation, I would be more likely to get something right. I'm trying to be consistant! :)

The PS5 Exists.