By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My first disappointment on the Wii

The Ghost of RubangB said:
It was a GameCube port with enhanced controls, enhanced graphics, and special features from the PS2 release added back in.

QFT Yep he got it right. The gc originally had the features that the ps2 had but I thik it couldn't fit on the disc. 

Around the Network
kingofwale said:
>The port is from the gc. That is why he stopped reading.

I thought it was the PS2 port, since it has true Widescreen and bonus contents. :P

Is using the GC engine + Wiimote + the PS2 content content... is not a "PS2 port", hehe...

I have the GC version and the Wii version, and I'm still playing it...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
sc94597 said:
TheRealMafoo said:
Ari_Gold said:
TheRealMafoo said:

I know this is a PS2 port from 3 years ago

i stopped reading after that

Why? I was trying to say that I am not slamming the Wii and trying to say "Wii graphics suck". That I realize this is not the best the console could do.

You have a problem with that?

The port is from the gc. That is why he stopped reading.

Oh, well all I know about the game on the Wii is from the reviews linked from these forums. The Game Trailers video review on the sticky recommendations thread. In that video review, the announcer stated:

"that graced the game-cube and Play-station 2 in 2005".

I picked one, who cares what one I picked? It's a port from something.

Also, when looking at that review, it looks better then it does on my TV. I wonder if I should play it on a smaller screen? 

TheRealMafoo said:
sc94597 said:
TheRealMafoo said:
Ari_Gold said:
TheRealMafoo said:

I know this is a PS2 port from 3 years ago

i stopped reading after that

Why? I was trying to say that I am not slamming the Wii and trying to say "Wii graphics suck". That I realize this is not the best the console could do.

You have a problem with that?

The port is from the gc. That is why he stopped reading.

Oh, well all I know about the game on the Wii is from the reviews linked from these forums. The Game Trailers video review on the sticky recommendations thread. In that video review, the announcer stated:

"that graced the game-cube and Play-station 2 in 2005".

I picked one, who cares what one I picked? It's a port from something.

Also, when looking at that review, it looks better then it does on my TV. I wonder if I should play it on a smaller screen?

Well its 480p so it would look alot better on a smaller screen. A 28 inch is the limit imo until it starts to look bad.

I still found RE4Wii incredibly good-looking and I think it's one of my favourite games this gen. Only part I couldn't look at were the rare scenes where there were a closeup of Leon's feet (*shudders)

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

I actually really enjoyed RE4. I played it for many hours on end. Beat the game completely and all the additional modes, etc. Great game. I had no problem with it.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

IMO, the game looks pretty good, but it controls awfully. Because of what people said about how much the controls were improved over the PS2 version, I wasn't expecting this lame "tank controls" scheme. At least I know that I never EVER want to play the Gamecube or PS2 versions of this game.

The controls in RE4 are probably the best controls on the wii along with MOHH2

wow re4 on the wii is amazing i dont think the topic creator played the game just some lame attempt at trolling.

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

TheRealMafoo said:

Well, I have had my Wii for a little over a week now, and I have to say that I am loving it.

I have been playing the hell out of Wii Sports, and I got SMG and enjoy that.

I borrowed a copy of RE4 from a friend of mine, and I have to say I am not impressed. I really don't like the controls (what I expected to be good about the game), and the graphics look horrible (I am used to PS3/360 stuff).

I know this is a PS2 port from 3 years ago, but I forgot just how far we have come in those three years.

On a side note, I do enjoy the Game Cube games I missed, and oddly they don't look dated. I think the cell shading, cartoony styles of Nintendo games really hold up well over time. They look goofy, but they look the same level of goofy 5 years later (a good thing). Kind of like what World of Warcraft did. Artistic style holds up better.

Anyway, I was hoping for more from RE4. I will use my Wii for what it's great for, and play the PS3 for everything else (until Gears of War 2 comes out anyway :p)

No console can be all things I guess :)

I'm going to go cry myself to sleep, your words of criticism for the greatest game of the decade cut me to the bone 

Blank? Blank.