By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My first disappointment on the Wii

newsflash : we Really, Really, Really

don't care what you think!

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network
jake_the_fake1 said:
I't s amazing how all the wii fans become so defencive when someone says anything negative about a wii game.

Seriously, the OP played it, was disapointed by it and is now expressing his opinion from the disapointment he had, and there is nothing wrong with that see as it's his opinion, unlike some who say "RE4 looks awesome and has amazing controls" and claim their opinion to be fact.

::sigh::   Of course its opinion.  I claimed it was fact huh?

And @ TheRealMafoo  It's just kinda weird that you claim to not be bashing the Wii, yet make the thread "the first disappointment on the Wii" rather than "I was disappointed in RE4".  And that you said the Wii makes the controls less bad than any other console, but before that said

"Anyway, I was hoping for more from RE4. I will use my Wii for what it's great for, and play the PS3 for everything else (until Gears of War 2 comes out anyway :p) 

No console can be all things I guess :) "

If Wii made the controls for a game you don't like anyway, better than anything else, then why would you say that?

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

@ Hawk

what are you saying exactly?

I believe the OP played the game with good intentions, expecting and hoping for it to be good. Otherwise he wouldn't have bought and played it , right?

When this game came out on the Game cube, I was blown away. there is no doubt that RE4 is a great game. A main part of what made that game great was its stunning graphics and visuals compared to everything else at its original time of release for the game cube.

The original post is simply stating that since it was made as a game that prided itself on visuals, playing it as a new game now, simply does not hold up visually at a comparative level to PS3 games.

Simply re-releasing an older great game on the wii (which prides itself in different progressive ways than the game cube did) without implementing dramatically different gameplay, has obviously hurt this title. (at least in therealmafoo's eyes)

And I think he has a right to voice his opinion.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

re4= favorite game 2000-present.

TheRealMafoo said:
sc94597 said:

Well its 480p so it would look alot better on a smaller screen. A 28 inch is the limit imo until it starts to look bad.

I have a few old TV's around here. I will pull one out of the closet and try it out. Another quick question. Is there a way to turn around quickly? I know the video said it was cumbersome, but they implied it could be done. Is there a key you hold down or something, or is it just by using the thumb stick on the nun-chuck?

@Entroper

I agree, I have always hated the controls of the horror games. I tried RE1, and never went back... walk around, then be locked into place while you aim. Feels stupid to me. I was hoping for a little better with the Wii. It is better at least, but I hate that you can't run and shoot at the same time. 

EDIT: (for all you people who think I am bashing the Wii... the Wii makes the controls better then any other console out there. I just hate the controls to begin with, it's not a slam on the Wii, it's a slam on the game style) 

If you hit Z while holding back it will do a quick turn. I am amazed that anyone can't love the control scheme for this game. I have yet to find a game that controls better or even close to as good on the Wii. Metroid Prime 3 is supposedly the end all be all for shooters with the wiimote so maybe that will feel better for you.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network

And because it's bugging me now.  I sincerly apologize if I came off as attacking your integrity.  The purpose of my first comment, adding onto Sherlock's, was actually just me displaying my shock that someone would be disappointed in RE4, and it's controls.  I personally find it one of the best games I've ever played, and best controls.  That is just my opinion of course.

I did find it a bit weird though, that you think the Wii made the controls less bad than any other console for a style of game you just plain don't like, and decide off of this game that you'll play those type of games on other consoles then.  But I guess I overlooked the graphics piece.  Like you said, graphics weigh heavily for you, and the Wii, of course is the weakest in that area.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

ultraslick said:
@ Hawk

what are you saying exactly?

I believe the OP played the game with good intentions, expecting and hoping for it to be good. Otherwise he wouldn't have bought and played it , right?

When this game came out on the Game cube, I was blown away. there is no doubt that RE4 is a great game. A main part of what made that game great was its stunning graphics and visuals compared to everything else at its original time of release for the game cube.

The original post is simply stating that since it was made as a game that prided itself on visuals, playing it as a new game now, simply does not hold up visually at a comparative level to PS3 games.

Simply re-releasing an older great game on the wii (which prides itself in different progressive ways than the game cube did) without implementing dramatically different gameplay, has obviously hurt this title. (at least in therealmafoo's eyes)

And I think he has a right to voice his opinion.

The gameplay is dramatically different. The control scheme is a thousand times better on the Wii than it was on the Gamecube or the PS2. The controls just aren't for him, which is a valid complaint. The notion that the wiimote functionality does not dramatically change the gameplay though is absurd. They actually had to retune the difficulty of the game because the controls were so much better it made the game too easy.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Don't know why someone would look to RE4 when judging the Wii. It's a port of the GC game, and there were hardly any graphical improvements, in case you were wondering.

Also, Zelda: Twilight Princess is virtually the same on the Wii, except the Wii version has widescreen. No upgraded graphics though, just a port.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Entroper said:
TheRealMafoo said:
sc94597 said:

Well its 480p so it would look alot better on a smaller screen. A 28 inch is the limit imo until it starts to look bad.

I have a few old TV's around here. I will pull one out of the closet and try it out. Another quick question. Is there a way to turn around quickly? I know the video said it was cumbersome, but they implied it could be done. Is there a key you hold down or something, or is it just by using the thumb stick on the nun-chuck?

@Entroper

I agree, I have always hated the controls of the horror games. I tried RE1, and never went back... walk around, then be locked into place while you aim. Feels stupid to me. I was hoping for a little better with the Wii. It is better at least, but I hate that you can't run and shoot at the same time.

EDIT: (for all you people who think I am bashing the Wii... the Wii makes the controls better then any other console out there. I just hate the controls to begin with, it's not a slam on the Wii, it's a slam on the game style)

Yep, we're on exactly the same page. For the record, for anyone who thinks I'm joining in the nonexistent Wii-bashing, I thought Metroid Prime 3's controls were absolutely top notch. Resident Evil 4 is just a bad game, and the Wii was only able to make it a little less bad. Also for the record, I own both games.

No matter who you are, Resident Evil 4 is NOT a bad game. It may not be to your tastes, but....remember that thread where whoever said he 'hated' the Godfather? You just commited the videogame equivalent of that.

Blank? Blank.

I just can't believe this thread even exists...

So, the best looking 3rd party GC game with improved Wii controls is a disappointment? RE4 is a bad game? I mean c'mon people, are you even sure you love videogames?

Even if survival/horror action isn't your cup of tea, you have to admit this is one of the best ever, and a game that desearves praise and respect... it's not that it's perfect, no game in the world is, but reading these comments just HURTS...

"A beautiful drawing in 480i will stay beautiful forever...

and an ugly drawing in 1080p will stay ugly forever..."