By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My first disappointment on the Wii

woj said:
The controls in RE4 are probably the best controls on the wii along with MOHH2

I feel the exact same way.  I've been disappointed with just about every other game on the Wii control wise, but those 2 games are the exception.

Around the Network
sc94597 said:

Well its 480p so it would look alot better on a smaller screen. A 28 inch is the limit imo until it starts to look bad.

I have a few old TV's around here. I will pull one out of the closet and try it out. Another quick question. Is there a way to turn around quickly? I know the video said it was cumbersome, but they implied it could be done. Is there a key you hold down or something, or is it just by using the thumb stick on the nun-chuck?

@Entroper

I agree, I have always hated the controls of the horror games. I tried RE1, and never went back... walk around, then be locked into place while you aim. Feels stupid to me. I was hoping for a little better with the Wii. It is better at least, but I hate that you can't run and shoot at the same time. 

EDIT: (for all you people who think I am bashing the Wii... the Wii makes the controls better then any other console out there. I just hate the controls to begin with, it's not a slam on the Wii, it's a slam on the game style) 

Hmmm...

Well, as a fairly well rounded gamer I'd say RE4 still contiues to do many things better than games of today.

Brawl FC: 0774-3927-9239

"Do you think you could get any more spittle on those fishy lips of yours?" All characters depicted are really stupid and disgusting. Any similarities to actual persons would be really sad.

Sherlock99 said:
wow re4 on the wii is amazing i dont think the topic creator played the game just some lame attempt at trolling.

Thanks for your help. This comment add so much to the conversion... now if you were to look at my other threads, you would see I did just get a Wii, and have had nothing but good things to say about it.

Thanks for playing. 

Sherlock99 said:
wow re4 on the wii is amazing i dont think the topic creator played the game just some lame attempt at trolling.

Ya have to wonder huh.  Because RE4 looks awesome and has amazing controls.  I read more than one review that said the Wii version was the definitive version of RE4.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Around the Network
TheRealMafoo said:
sc94597 said:

Well its 480p so it would look alot better on a smaller screen. A 28 inch is the limit imo until it starts to look bad.

I have a few old TV's around here. I will pull one out of the closet and try it out. Another quick question. Is there a way to turn around quickly? I know the video said it was cumbersome, but they implied it could be done. Is there a key you hold down or something, or is it just by using the thumb stick on the nun-chuck?

@Entroper

I agree, I have always hated the controls of the horror games. I tried RE1, and never went back... walk around, then be locked into place while you aim. Feels stupid to me. I was hoping for a little better with the Wii. It is better at least, but I hate that you can't run and shoot at the same time.

EDIT: (for all you people who think I am bashing the Wii... the Wii makes the controls better then any other console out there. I just hate the controls to begin with, it's not a slam on the Wii, it's a slam on the game style)

Yep, we're on exactly the same page. For the record, for anyone who thinks I'm joining in the nonexistent Wii-bashing, I thought Metroid Prime 3's controls were absolutely top notch. Resident Evil 4 is just a bad game, and the Wii was only able to make it a little less bad.  Also for the record, I own both games.

I't s amazing how all the wii fans become so defencive when someone says anything negative about a wii game.

Seriously, the OP played it, was disapointed by it and is now expressing his opinion from the disapointment he had, and there is nothing wrong with that see as it's his opinion, unlike some who say "RE4 looks awesome and has amazing controls" and claim their opinion to be fact.

Hawk said:
Sherlock99 said:

Ya have to wonder huh.  Because RE4 looks awesome and has amazing controls.  I read more than one review that said the Wii version was the definitive version of RE4.

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m206/MafooFromWoW/Photo15.jpg

Edit: Now you all know what I look like... at 12:45 in the morning anyway. Well, off to bed all. Thanks for the help (for those that did :p) 

TheRealMafoo said:
Hawk said:
Sherlock99 said:

Edited for faster hilarity.

EDIT: On the off chance you read this tomorrow, has anyone ever told you look like Jeff Rienhart from Saw III?

Not anymore Sherlock (re. 666)