By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My first disappointment on the Wii

Well, I have had my Wii for a little over a week now, and I have to say that I am loving it.

I have been playing the hell out of Wii Sports, and I got SMG and enjoy that.

I borrowed a copy of RE4 from a friend of mine, and I have to say I am not impressed. I really don't like the controls (what I expected to be good about the game), and the graphics look horrible (I am used to PS3/360 stuff).

I know this is a PS2 port from 3 years ago, but I forgot just how far we have come in those three years.

On a side note, I do enjoy the Game Cube games I missed, and oddly they don't look dated. I think the cell shading, cartoony styles of Nintendo games really hold up well over time. They look goofy, but they look the same level of goofy 5 years later (a good thing). Kind of like what World of Warcraft did. Artistic style holds up better.

Anyway, I was hoping for more from RE4. I will use my Wii for what it's great for, and play the PS3 for everything else (until Gears of War 2 comes out anyway :p) 

No console can be all things I guess :) 

Around the Network

Really? I thought RE4 looked and played great.

Are you using Component cords? RE4 blew me away on my Plasma.

TheRealMafoo said:

Well, I have had my Wii for a little over a week now, and I have to say that I am loving it.

I have been playing the hell out of Wii Sports, and I got SMG and enjoy that.

I borrowed a copy of RE4 from a friend of mine, and I have to say I am not impressed. I really don't like the controls (what I expected to be good about the game), and the graphics look horrible (I am used to PS3/360 stuff).

I know this is a PS2 port from 3 years ago, but I forgot just how far we have come in those three years.

On a side note, I do enjoy the Game Cube games I missed, and oddly they don't look dated. I think the cell shading, cartoony styles of Nintendo games really hold up well over time. They look goofy, but they look the same level of goofy 5 years later (a good thing). Kind of like what World of Warcraft did. Artistic style holds up better.

Anyway, I was hoping for more from RE4. I will use my Wii for what it's great for, and play the PS3 for everything else (until Gears of War 2 comes out anyway :p)

No console can be all things I guess :)

i stopped reading after that 

It's actually a GC port -> PS2 -> Wii.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
ArtofAngels said:
Really? I thought RE4 looked and played great.

Are you using Component cords? RE4 blew me away on my Plasma.

Yep, and that might be the problem. Yea, it looks as good as it can on my 50" 1080p TV, but so does the PS3 and 360 with HDMI. CoD4, Uncharted, Gears, Ratchet and Clank... After playing many hours on these games (I finished them all), going back to RE4 just looked incredibly dated.

I had a hard time playing the old PS2 Ratchet and Clank games after R&C:ToD.  I am a slave to graphics, what can I say? :p

Around the Network
Ari_Gold said:
TheRealMafoo said:

I know this is a PS2 port from 3 years ago

Why? I was trying to say that I am not slamming the Wii and trying to say "Wii graphics suck". That I realize this is not the best the console could do.

You have a problem with that? 

IMO RE4 looks great in my plasma with components...

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

TheRealMafoo said:
Ari_Gold said:
TheRealMafoo said:

I know this is a PS2 port from 3 years ago

Why? I was trying to say that I am not slamming the Wii and trying to say "Wii graphics suck". That I realize this is not the best the console could do.

You have a problem with that?

The port is from the gc. That is why he stopped reading.

>The port is from the gc. That is why he stopped reading.

I thought it was the PS2 port, since it has true Widescreen and bonus contents. :P

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

It was a GameCube port with enhanced controls, enhanced graphics, and special features from the PS2 release added back in.