By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony and Microsoft are spoiling Third Parties to much.

Do you agree with me?

Nope. 65 28.14%

Yes. 134 58.01%

See results. 32 13.85%

Total:231
WorldBreakerHulk said:

Nintendo games tend to have game breaking glitches aswell...

Didn't Pokemon XY have that save glitch? And this http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/12/06/game-breaking-glitch-in-zelda-skyward-sword and this http://www.destructoid.com/twilight-princess-glitch-revealed-28161.phtml

they also have minor gltiches like unintended shortcuts in mk7 https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wnv62Yk_moc

I disagree with you, they don't "tend" to have game breaking glitches, tend is short for tendency, whish means usually. Nintendo games don't usually have game breaking glitches. It happened on rare occasions, under very specific condtions, I played Twilight Princess & when I heard of the game breaking bug, I had already past that part & since I didn't do (as most of gamers) it the intricated way that was causing the glitch, I had no problem!

Saying that Nintendo games "tend" to have game breaking glitches is a dishonest stretch IMO. They have bugs but far less than the average game IMO!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n29CicBxZuw

01001011 01101001 01110011 01110011 00100000 01101101 01111001 00100000 01110011 01101000 01101001 01101110 01111001 00100000 01101101 01100101 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01100001 01110011 01110011 00100001

Around the Network
pokoko said:
Game_God said:

When Sony/MS bribes & moneyhats  & pay the marketing of said 3rd parties, we can say they "spoil" them.

Back when NIntendo had the "Seal of Quality" 3rd party games were of much higher standart & has much less bugs.

No game can be 100% exempt of bugs but some are more dedicated at selling quality products than others.

" After all, tons of games on Nintendo systems have had bugs and some were even honestly and truly broken", I am yet to play these "truly broken" games you speak of... maybe you forget to end your sentence with /s

That "Seal of Quality" thing, do you really believe that?  The NES and SNES had a ton of crappy, buggy games and Nintendo took their money all the same.  People just lie to themselves about the past and I don't really understand why.

I mean, seriously.

I guess you've never heard of Battletoads, huh?  Or the Donkey Kong Country 2 glitch that can actually ruin your cartridge?  /s

Nobody is saying they are perfect, Nintendo games too have bugs, but they try harder than anyone else to give flawless games to its customers.

It's a fact that 3rd Party companies strongharmed Nintendo out of the "Seal of Quality" policy, it's quite telling!

01001011 01101001 01110011 01110011 00100000 01101101 01111001 00100000 01110011 01101000 01101001 01101110 01111001 00100000 01101101 01100101 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01100001 01110011 01110011 00100001

Game_God said:
WorldBreakerHulk said:

Nintendo games tend to have game breaking glitches aswell...

Didn't Pokemon XY have that save glitch? And this http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/12/06/game-breaking-glitch-in-zelda-skyward-sword and this http://www.destructoid.com/twilight-princess-glitch-revealed-28161.phtml

they also have minor gltiches like unintended shortcuts in mk7 https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wnv62Yk_moc

I disagree with you, they don't "tend" to have game breaking glitches, tend is short for tendency, whish means usually. Nintendo games don't usually have game breaking glitches. It happened on rare occasions, under very specific condtions, I played Twilight Princess & when I heard of the game breaking bug, I had already past that part & since I didn't do (as most of gamers) it the intricated way that was causing the glitch, I had no problem!

Saying that Nintendo games "tend" to have game breaking glitches is a dishonest stretch IMO. They have bugs but far less than the average game IMO!

English isn't my native languange. I thought that tendency means there is a chance.

Currently playing

IOS - Knights of the Old Republic, Monster Hunter Freedom HD and Idolmaster Festa.

Steam-NovisNoah, Uplay-Limpanot, Origins-NovisNoah, PSN-NovisNoah, NNID-NovisNoah

Game_God said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Are you kidding me?

Are You?

Back in the day when Nintendo created a boom in the industry they put a key lock system into the systems to prevent third parties from making games for competitors and control their licenses. Third parties lived in fear of screwing the pooch with Nintendo because they had them under a vice grip. The only reason people didnt bitch at Nintendo was because of their marketshare. Its because of them why Sega was forced to make so much first party just to survive. Any competition would be starved of games because Nintendo did what they did. It wasnt until the Playstation came around that Nintendo's curse was lifted from the industry (after their licensing was stopped). Nintendo was sued for breaking the anti-trust laws of America because Atari thought they were creating a monopoly.  Nintendo was not found to be monopolizing the industry but the judge saw that Nintendo should let go of their vice grip with their licensing and keylock over third parties which allowed third parties to go to their platform of choice.

There is more about Nintendo, but i'll just leave it at this.

WorldBreakerHulk said:
Game_God said:

English isn't my native languange. I thought that tendency means there is a chance.

It's alright, I'm certainly not perfect & make errors or ignore much stuff, we're all in the same boat learning from our mistakes ;)

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Game_God said:

Are You?

Back in the day when Nintendo created a boom in the industry they put a key lock system into the systems to prevent third parties from making games for competitors and control their licenses. Third parties lived in fear of screwing the pooch with Nintendo because they had them under a vice grip. The only reason people didnt bitch at Nintendo was because of their marketshare. Its because of them why Sega was forced to make so much first party just to survive. Any competition would be starved of games because Nintendo did what they did. It wasnt until the Playstation came around that Nintendo's curse was lifted from the industry. Nintendo was sued for breaking the anti-trust laws of America because Atari thought they were creating a monopoly and Nintendo was not to be monopolizing the industry but the judge saw that Nintendo should let go of their vice grip with their licensing and keylock over third parties which allowed third parties to go to their platform of choice.

I'm well aware of the iron fist policies that Nintendo used back in the day, they were even more ruthless with retail. While I can see that some of their pratices were abusive, you can't argue that the output of quality games was great & that the consumer was more respected than nowadays, where we are treated as beta testers, lied to, micro-transaction dry milked by broken sequel games on release, on top of that we have to pay $300 extra to play these games on-line for a period of 6 years.

Nintendo was ruthless with 3rd parties so that we could enjoy great products, Sony/MS let 3rd parties do whatever & we the consumers pay for the consequences, worse they are stepping up 3rd parties mal-practices: Sony DriveClub & MS Halo: Master Chief Collection comes to mind...

Game_God said:
Intrinsic said:
While I agree that QA has got to improve, I don't feel its just a third party problem. Cause even their first party studios have problems too.

On the flip side, what are we comparing their games to? Nintendo? While no one may be saying it, I feel Nintendo games simply aren't as technically demanding or complicated as the games we see on the PS4/XB1. Simply put, Nintendo games are easier to make and generally have fewer moving parts.

I'll emphasize, I'm saying Nintendo games are generally more straight forward and easier design wise, not saying they are less fun before some people lynch me.

They are so easy to do, that few can match them @ doing games on their standart of quality. Games are more than technique & polygons, I understand that lots of gamers wronlgy use that metric to judge if a game is good or not nowadays.

Here is a game made by Intelligent Systems that is going to release this year, a game "easy" to make by your metric... have your heard of Tetris???

I tried, I even emphasized the bolded point just to avoid mindless arguments like these yet you still somehow missed the point. You need to take off those Nintendo goggles and stop taking everything said against nintendo as an attack on them and your way of life. 

The reason a game like tetris was broken on the PS4 actually exactly explains one of the things  devs have to deal with with the PS4/XB1 that they don't have to deal with on a Nintendo console. Please use your head for a second and not your heart, games on the PS4/XB1 are generally way more complicated than games on Nintendo. and I'm not talking about polygons here. 

Game_God said:
pokoko said:

That "Seal of Quality" thing, do you really believe that?  The NES and SNES had a ton of crappy, buggy games and Nintendo took their money all the same.  People just lie to themselves about the past and I don't really understand why.

I mean, seriously.

I guess you've never heard of Battletoads, huh?  Or the Donkey Kong Country 2 glitch that can actually ruin your cartridge?  /s

Nobody is saying they are perfect, Nintendo games too have bugs, but they try harder than anyone else to give flawless games to its customers.

It's a fact that 3rd Party companies strongharmed Nintendo out of the "Seal of Quality" policy, it's quite telling!

What on earth are you talking about?  Are you just making stuff up?  

Game_God said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Back in the day when Nintendo created a boom in the industry they put a key lock system into the systems to prevent third parties from making games for competitors and control their licenses. Third parties lived in fear of screwing the pooch with Nintendo because they had them under a vice grip. The only reason people didnt bitch at Nintendo was because of their marketshare. Its because of them why Sega was forced to make so much first party just to survive. Any competition would be starved of games because Nintendo did what they did. It wasnt until the Playstation came around that Nintendo's curse was lifted from the industry. Nintendo was sued for breaking the anti-trust laws of America because Atari thought they were creating a monopoly and Nintendo was not to be monopolizing the industry but the judge saw that Nintendo should let go of their vice grip with their licensing and keylock over third parties which allowed third parties to go to their platform of choice.

I'm well aware of the iron fist policies that Nintendo used back in the day, they were even more ruthless with retail. While I can see that some of their pratices were abusive, you can't argue that the output of quality games was great & that the consumer was more respected than nowadays, where we are treated as beta testers, lied to, micro-transaction dry milked by broken sequel games on release, on top of that we have to pay $300 extra to play these games on-line for a period of 6 years.

Nintendo was ruthless with 3rd parties so that we could enjoy great products, Sony/MS let 3rd parties whatever & we the consumers pay for the consequences, worse they are steeping up 3rd parties mal-practices!

There is no evidence to support this quality of games that Nintendo is "responsible" for. Nintendo did not want competition, that was all. It wasnt about the quality. Nintendo basically told them if you want to thrive here is our licensing contract and you will not have room to breathe (thats all). There were plenty of crappy games keylocked on the Nintendo platform. 

I guess Nintendo wanted quality on the Nintendo Wii as well, correct? No. It had the largest shovelware library of all time for a console that had the majority of the marketshare in the last generation.

foodfather said:
Its an interesting point. I for one hated Destiny and Watch Dogs and have every reason to believe that they games dismal piss poor content is because Sony urged Acti/Ubi to rush them out the gate in time for the bundles. The consumers lapped it up though so its going to happen again.

I doubt the same happened with Assassins Creed Unity though and they always are launched in Q4 and Ubisoft are solely to blame.

So broken games that had bundle deal with Sony is Sony fault, but when MS bundle then its Publisher fault? What kind of reason is that?

OT: They passed the certification process, and they would pass on a Nintendo system as well... the games run and none of the glitches or bugs made the games unplayable.

And to another user... The rise in complexity also makes the probability of bugs bigger.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."