By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The "magic" in videogames.

Tagged games:

Augen said:
Recently?
Tearaway left me just feeling good and happy.
Journey left me in awe
Last of Us left me in silence for a while.

I think those kind of games recently stuck with me.

If we're talking about recent experiences;

Portal 2 left me with a warm feeling inside and a big smile.

Transistor left me very inspired.

Bioshock Infinite left me in silence for a good while.

And Bastion left me with a big smile, too.

All of these games left me with something I'll cherish for a long time, and I played them all in 2014. lol

I'm now filled with determination.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:

It's just that everytime I play it... it's exact this, pure magic, I get into it, immersed, and I get myself actually smiling a lot while playing, and doesn't need to be funny moments, it's a pure expression of joy, passion. I know everything that will happen, actually almost every dialogue line as soon as they start, and even so, it's an absurdly rewarding experience. And I like to do that completely alone by the way, any distraction is unacceptable! XD

That's very cool! I have that kind of sensation playing Dragon's Dogma.

Metroid Prime. Fought the Omega Pirate this morning. Still gives me feels.

A lot of my favorite games do that. However I was really in a slump when I played Ratchet and Clank Going Commando the first time. I was laughing and smiling the whole time like I hadn't in awhile. It was my first Ratchet game and since then Up Your Arsenal, Tools of Destruction, and A Crack in Time all did it for me. There are others but Ratchet and Clank always seem to nail it and make me feel really good when I get to play another one which is why I'm excited for the reboot this year :)

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Every time a new MGS game comes out.

Around the Network

Wind Waker

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

platformmaster918 said:
A lot of my favorite games do that. However I was really in a slump when I played Ratchet and Clank Going Commando the first time. I was laughing and smiling the whole time like I hadn't in awhile. It was my first Ratchet game and since then Up Your Arsenal, Tools of Destruction, and A Crack in Time all did it for me. There are others but Ratchet and Clank always seem to nail it and make me feel really good when I get to play another one which is why I'm excited for the reboot this year :)

Same, to be honest, for me to consider a game one of my favorites, it needs to show me "the magic", since that feeling it's basically pure enjoyment, and for a game to give such feeling, it's just something wonderful.

Let's hope that the R&C reboot will be good.

thatguymarco said:

I'm bored, so I decided to ask you guys something that I'd probably never ask someone in real life; which games would you say that they a certain "magic" to them? What I mean by "magic" is the feeling, yeah, THAT feeling, the one that can sometimes unexplicably leave you smiling and just bright up your day by simply, ya know, feelin' it. Do you guys have any particular game that just makes you feel that way, or I'm just a wierdo that likes to have a sentimental connection with videogames? Let me know in the comments below.

Funny you should mention that...

Xenoblade Chronicles baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmm.

Demon Souls

Final Fantasy Tactics

The Last of Us

Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

bigtakilla said:
thatguymarco said:

I'm bored, so I decided to ask you guys something that I'd probably never ask someone in real life; which games would you say that they a certain "magic" to them? What I mean by "magic" is the feeling, yeah, THAT feeling, the one that can sometimes unexplicably leave you smiling and just bright up your day by simply, ya know, feelin' it. Do you guys have any particular game that just makes you feel that way, or I'm just a wierdo that likes to have a sentimental connection with videogames? Let me know in the comments below.

Funny you should mention that...

Xenoblade Chronicles baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya know what? Just because of this, you're the first user I'll ever be sending a friend request on this site. This shit is just gold.