By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The "magic" in videogames.

Tagged games:

thatguymarco said:
bigtakilla said:

Funny you should mention that...

Xenoblade Chronicles baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya know what? Just because of this, you're the first user I'll ever be sending a friend request on this site. This shit is just gold.

Lol, one of the only times I actually laughed out loud while writing a response.

Around the Network
Locknuts said:
Metroid Prime. Fought the Omega Pirate this morning. Still gives me feels.

I have similar feelings towards the final boss of Kingdom Hearts II, that battle it's just, too much. And that ending, bruh, I can't handle it.

I'm now filled with determination.

When I was a toddler, Xenogears. When I was a child, the Xenosaga series. When I was a teen, Xenoblade Chronicles. Besides those, any Rareware game, and the Star Ocean series.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

darkshadow23 said:
Every time a new Paper Mario game comes out.

Fixed that for ya.

BraLoD said:
Well, there is actually a lot of games that make me fell this, but for the sake of the thread I'll go just with THE one.

The Legend of Dragoon (oh, what a surprise BraLoD).

It's just that everytime I play it... it's exact this, pure magic, I get into it, immersed, and I get myself actually smiling a lot while playing, and doesn't need to be funny moments, it's a pure expression of joy, passion. I know everything that will happen, actually almost every dialogue line as soon as they start, and even so, it's an absurdly rewarding experience. And I like to do that completely alone by the way, any distraction is unacceptable! XD

I have these exact feeling while playing through Paper Mario, though, I honestly try to forget some of the game, so when I revisit it feels fresh and fun to re-experience. I'm always discovering new details, and stuff I didn't know before, it's just a joyful ride all around. :)

Though, I'm curious, I know next to nothing about the game you mentioned, would you recommend it to me? I like to go into games knowing nothing about them, it's truly the only game way to let the game speak by itself, and if you tell me that the game is good, who knows, I might like it too. So, what system is it for?

Around the Network

Kingdom hearts II. The title song sums up the all the feels it gave me. MGS1 every time I start a marathon even though I never played it as a kid. One of the most recent games was Brothers: A tail of two sons but only in the first playthrough though.

.- -... -.-. -..

LittleBigPlanet is such a creative and joyful game to play, which is why it's one of my favorite series of all time.

Seriously, it's just a happy game. The music, the characters, everything about it.

I remember playing online with other sack people online on Saturday's a few years ago and having so much fun.

Kingdom Hearts 2
Bayonetta
The Last of Us
Transistor
Persona 4 Golden

Castlevania symphony of the night, i think i have beaten this game and collected all the items like 20 times on various devices. Maybe i should buy a 360 just to play it again with archievements.

I think all of the Zelda games have that magic in them, you start playing during the day then look outside and it's dark.

The Devil May Cry games had me the same way.

Ultravolt said:

I've lost count of how many times i've hailed Metroid Prime. But yeah... Metroid Prime had that "magic" feeling.

That atmosphere and music never fails to put a smile on my face :)

You are officially the man, Prime was magical.