By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Quarter results are here! 7.08M 3DS and 3.03M Wii U shipped! Wii U 9.2M total shipped! 5.7 amiibos shipped!$250 million net income! 3DS projections lowered!

ICStats said:
3DS - 7.08M shipped (VGC at ~7.8M)
WiiU - 3.03M shipped (VGC at ~3M)

Pretty spot on for WiiU. Yes, I know it is shipped vs. sold, but sold also includes earlier shipments sold. So besides launch sold should be around shipped.

3DS seems off. I don't know how the introduction of the new model can influence this, but still it seems off.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
mii-gamer said:
tbone51 said:

Its not funny, its in its 4th year and for the dying HH market its actually holding off really well. As for the 70mil, its a maybe. 65mil is a lock. 70mil-75mil seems like the max for now.

T-bone just ignore him. I hate to see it turn ugly and remember you are on shaky grounds here

:'-( 

At dengle too :'-(

OttoniBastos said:
9.2 million shipped? So is WiiU overtracked too?

Spot on. Very different story for 3DS.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

OttoniBastos said:
9.2 million shipped? So is WiiU overtracked too?

I dunno, what do you think?

tbone51 said:
animegaming said:
hopping that they post at least decent sales numbers.

They'll definitely post very good sales overall, of course (unfortunately) there will be some people only pointing out WiiU #s and pointing out 3DS being Down YoY (despite if by chance pulling good numbers) while ignoring anything positive

Im just personally hoping for good profits :)

Lawlight said:
3DS shipment dropped 9% from the same quarter last year. Looks like it peaked in 2013.

LOL. And a usual suspect too.

Oh look, a console is dropping sales in it's fourth year on market. How unexpected. That does never happen. We don't talk about the fact, that the competing console for this peaked already in it's first year.

Hey, and look. The Wii is down YoY. What a letdown. It ios a miserable fail.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

Around the Network
spemanig said:
Soundwave said:
Good operating income, good numbers for Mario Kart and Smash.

Not so good ... hardware sales in general. They won't make their 3DS targets. Wii U targets, yeah, but nothing special in that regard either, I remember when people were saying Nintendo's Wii U forecast was purposely low because they would shatter that number, but it looks like their projection was basically spot on.

Yeah. Some people think they won't even make the Wii U's target.

They are 570,000 units away from their target, and last year they only sold 310,000 units from January to March.  With only Mario Maker, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse and Mario Party 10 (and maybe Yoshi's Woolly World) coming out this quarter, there don't appear to be any huge system sellers to push them higher than last year.

Mnementh said:
Lawlight said:
3DS shipment dropped 9% from the same quarter last year. Looks like it peaked in 2013.

LOL. And a usual suspect too.

Oh look, a console is dropping sales in it's fourth year on market. How unexpected. That does never happen. We don't talk about the fact, that the competing console for this peaked already in it's first year.

Hey, and look. The Wii is down YoY. What a letdown. It ios a miserable fail.

It's weird that people are focusing so much on that post considering the information isn't even accurate.  3DS shipments are down over 35% for the quarter YoY, and more than 39% for the 9 month period.

Shipment wise it also peaked in calendar 2011.

Nice tracking of Wii U by vgchartz. Ninty makes reasonable profits from a fairly low rate of hardware sales. They can probably let Wii U drag on for a couple more years. But they need to really bring it next gen.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

DM235 said:

They are 570,000 units away from their target, and last year they only sold 310,000 units from January to March.  With only Mario Maker, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse and Mario Party 10 (and maybe Yoshi's Woolly World) coming out this quarter, there don't appear to be any huge system sellers to push them higher than last year.

Wouldn't surprise me.

Yakuzaice said:

It's weird that people are focusing so much on that post considering the information isn't even accurate.  3DS shipments are down over 35% for the quarter YoY, and more than 39% for the 9 month period.

Shipment wise it also peaked in calendar 2011.

Because the post is made to spread negativity without much substance. You will always find something negative to point out if you want, and Lawlight is doing exactly that. Stuff like that is polarizing. And *sigh*, probably that is it what lawlight intended, to get a reaction out of people. We need this ignore-people feature.

User was moderared for this post (and the previous)- Conegamer