By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are some of the most obscure games that you've played and absolutely love?

pbroy said:
Sunstrider said:

This game:

Loved this game so much I looked for every character that I could find and "KISS"(don't like this part that much especially if its a guy), yup, after befriending a character, you kiss him/her/it.

That game is awesome.

I don't mind being kissed by your avatar, just. . change that pick please its disturbing.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Around the Network

My most favorite ps1 game was "treasures of the deep"

pbroy said:
PixelPerfect said:
Hatoful Boyfriend
I don't know why but I felt the game was very enjoyable despite its strange premise.

Just looked that one up. It looks pretty out there. Are you supposed to date pigeons or something?

Yeah, and it is surprisingly interesting...the writing is really well done and the character stories range from hilarious to emotional to typical to nightmare, and after you get all the endings, there is a true ending which is surprisingly epic. Overall, it is really well done, and while its easy to say "oh, its just some silly game about dating pidgeons", as far as VNs go, I'd say its one of the more interesting.

Jake Hunter and Hotel Dusk for the DS. The handheld mystery genre has a big room for improvement but there's no big interest for it so all we get is Phoenix Wright. I'm not saying that there's anything wrong for these games though.

.- -... -.-. -..

Hard to define obscureness since it also depends on regions, age, etc.

From last generation it would be Trauma Center: New Blood, We Cheer 1, Rhythm Heaven and Picross 3D.

From PC PangYa, GunBound or Ragnarok Online; then sim builders like Pharaoh, Oasis, Constructor, etc (then there's Theme Hospital but that's not obscure). I'm sure there are more PC, but these are the ones I remember right now.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network

Double post

Let's use it!

vfguy said:

-I love PuyoPuyo Tetris. It has a fantastic single-player story mode (!) and great 4-player local multiplayer (online as well). The game tanked on PS4 and Xbox One in Japan and is only available as a physical purchase in Japan for Tetris-rights reasons. Both versions are region free, import friendly, and are strongly recomended. Although, the Xbox One version includes the DLC free on the disc and the PS4 version does not, so pick up the Xbox One version.

I'd love to play PuyoPuyo Tetris on my WiiU, a WW eShop release would be great, but I think it's never going to happen.
Gotta find another way to play it.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Bayonetta 2. It fits every one of your descriptions for the term obscure, lol. Amazing game.

There was this game on PlayStation called Blasto, initially pegged to be a potential Sony Mascot and represent the brand, unfortunately the voice actor(Phil Hartman) ended up committing suicide and taking his wife along with him whom were possibly under the influence at the time. Furthermore there were plans for a sequel but after the events that took place Sony made the hard decision, took out the Shotgun and blasted the Blasto IP into smithereens.

Progress Quest, i always go back to it once in a while.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

GhetooBillGates said:
There was this game on PlayStation called Blasto, initially pegged to be a potential Sony Mascot and represent the brand, unfortunately the voice actor(Phil Hartman) ended up committing suicide and taking his wife along with him whom were possibly under the influence at the time. Furthermore there were plans for a sequel but after the events that took place Sony made the hard decision, took out the Shotgun and blasted the Blasto IP into smithereens.

You got that completely ass backwards.  Phil Hartman's wife was insanely jealous of his success and notoious for her coke habit, he threatened to leave her if she relapsed then she shot him in his sleep and offed herself.

On topic, La Mulana.