By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - High Definition Pokken Tournament Screenshots. Holy cow...

Main thing I noticed is that suicune has no genitals.

Around the Network
Zekkyou said:

I'm with vivster on this one. It has very centralized environments (with rather low quality texture work), only 2 models to render, and effects that appear mostly texture based (rather than particle). Add in it being an exclusive title, which means it'll be properly tailored to the hardware, and i really don't see anything about Pokken that i find hard to believe is running on the WiiU. I really can't see what you're seeing, sorry ^^;

Particule effects look way too good, like Infamous SS level.

If wii U can run that, I'm seriously questionning Ninty's first party studios. With that said, I would really like to see the game on wii U in West.

What is this sorcery?

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

spemanig said:

Let's just be honest with ourselves right now, and save later disappointment. One of two things are going to happen.

1. This game will be harshly downgraded graphically on the Wii U.
2. This is not coming to the Wii U, but to Nintendo's next home console way later than we hope.

Pikachu's fur has gradience guys. At 60fps. There's going to be disappointment somewhere. Let's all just get the disappointment over with now.

But God damn, do these look good. Open them in another tab to appreciate them in their full glory. Never thought I'd say that a Pokemon game was graphically impressive.

Not saying it won't be downgraded, as ports between different architectures often are for compatibility reasons, but this doesn't look like anything Wii U couldn't pull off, even at 60fps. 

i just want this game :(

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network

Looks cool, but i want to see in motion without so much megablocks. like on the nicocnico video.

Lets wait and see.

By he way., the game has a release date alreadly?

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

justiceiro said:

Looks cool, but i want to see in motion without so much megablocks. like on the nicocnico video.

Lets wait and see.

By he way., the game has a release date alreadly?

it starts testing this week, but doesnt release fully in japan till later this year

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

It looks so pretty.

spemanig said:
Samus Aran said:

I've seen better looking games on the Wii U, so I don't see why this wouldn't be possible. Anyway, looks really good.

Lmao, you've got to be joking. No you absolutely have not. There's nothing even close to this on the Wii U. It looks better than a lot of PS4/XBO games graphically.

Spem, buddy, I think you may have seen those screens and jizzed a little to quick.  

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

This is why we need a home console Pokemon game.