By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox Undertracked!!

kowenicki said:
colafitte said:

Xbox 360 is undeniably undertracked here, but you base PS3 is behind and dying much quicker based on....???

I want the receipts to consider it a FACT, please.

the xbox 360 is a year older.... compare last year with ps3 this year... its a fact.  Im surprised you even asked.

So what if it's a year older. The Ps3 still managed to reach the Xbox 360's sales numbers and will probably overtake it.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
colafitte said:

Xbox 360 is undeniably undertracked here, but you base PS3 is behind and dying much quicker based on....???

It will die faster, but that can easily be explained by simply logic.

the simple fact here, is that we really dont know official numbers for both consoles. 360 seems very much like it is indeed undertracked, and it could very well be second place behind the wii. but claiming that as a concrete truth when we dont know for sure? give me a break. lol. 

kowenicki said:
colafitte said:
kowenicki said:
Seece said:

So MS just released figures and they shipped 6.6m Xbox consoles during the holiday Q.

My estimates (though they are irrelavant to overal Xbox console sales if you notice the title) are that 4.5m are XB1 and 2.1m are 360. This puts 360 at around 86.9m and XB1 around 11.9m.

However you spin the ratios, it's a fact that combined they're at 98.8 million shipped.

We have 95.5m sold, that leaves 3.3m on shelves which is a lot for dying 360 and XB1.

FYI, I don't think XB1 is undertracked, just 360, heavily. (like 1.5m~)

yeps.  undeniable.

360 still in 2nd, never left 2nd and will remain 2nd.  PS3 is dying much quicker.

fact.

the xbox 360 is a year older.... compare last year with ps3 this year... its a fact.  Im surprised you even asked.

It was a genuine question, I sincerly don't see where we can say for sure PS3 shipments are under X360. So if you consider it a fact, maybe you have the numbers to show me.

kowenicki said:
Seece said:

So MS just released figures and they shipped 6.6m Xbox consoles during the holiday Q.

My estimates (though they are irrelavant to overal Xbox console sales if you notice the title) are that 4.5m are XB1 and 2.1m are 360. This puts 360 at around 86.9m and XB1 around 11.9m.

However you spin the ratios, it's a fact that combined they're at 98.8 million shipped.

We have 95.5m sold, that leaves 3.3m on shelves which is a lot for dying 360 and XB1.

yeps.  undeniable.

360 still in 2nd, never left 2nd and will remain 2nd.  PS3 is dying much quicker.

fact.

Annnnd you've derailed the thread.

Nice one!

kowenicki said:
Seece said:

yeps.  undeniable.

fact.

Not fact.

360 in 2014, 2.563 million sold

PS3 in 2014, 3.449 million sold

360 in 2015, 61,275

PS3 in 2015, 110,972

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Normchacho said:
kowenicki said:

yeps.  undeniable.

fact.

Not fact.

360 in 2014, 2.563 million sold

PS3 in 2014, 3.449 million sold

360 in 2015, 61,275

PS3 in 2015, 110,972

is this vgc?  lol

did you read the OP?

It is as much fact as anything you've stated. More so technically, since I actually, you know...have any source at all to go off of.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

It's amazing how MS has managed the 360 last generation. It has kept second place and not dropped as fast as I would have thought. I also think the XBox is alot bigger in smaller markets than we think.

kowenicki said:
colafitte said:
kowenicki said:

It was a genuine question, I sincerly don't see where we can say for sure PS3 shipments are under X360. So if you consider it a fact, maybe you have the numbers to show me.

see my post above yours.

OK, I see your post and in fact, I agree with you, but I don't see how can you assume one is beating the other when we don't know PS3 shipments. That's what I was saying and I thought you had numbers for PS3 to validate your opinion. If you have them, I'll be glad to know them.

Look, if X360 is still ahead of PS3, I'm open to accept it, but I want to be convinced with true facts.

Unfortunately 360 won't hit 100m, it's FACt now. But I am hoping they give it one last push this holiday for its 10th birthday, and push beyond the 92m LTD it's heading for.

So does this mean that we're all done with this thread?