By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox Undertracked!!

Seece said:
psrock said:
You don't think there could be 3 million consoles out there for two consoles. I'll be more worried by the fact MS hasn't announced 10 million sold to consumers yet for the one.

Nobody is worried about that psrock. (They won't announce it either).

And no I don't, XB1 I admit can be high, not 360, not at this point.

They will when they reach it. There are tons of Xbox out there. It's a big milestone.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network

But the XBox sold ~24M and VGC has it at ~24M... i see minor undertracking at best.

psrock said:
Seece said:
psrock said:
You don't think there could be 3 million consoles out there for two consoles. I'll be more worried by the fact MS hasn't announced 10 million sold to consumers yet for the one.

They will when the reach it. There are tons of Xbox out there. 

They've already reached it. Their 10m announcement (which was shipped) has come and gone, they're not going to do another 10m figure regardless of what it is.

Going with the radios XB1 is still 100-300k undertaked and 360 was number 1 last gen if you look at hardware and software sales.

Seece said:
psrock said:
Seece said:
psrock said:

They've already reached it. Their 10m announcement (which was shipped) has come and gone, they're not going to do another 10m figure regardless of what it is.

I agree that they have shipped over 10 million. Sold , that's no way confirmed anywhere.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
psrock said:
Seece said:
psrock said:
Seece said:
psrock said:

I agree that they have shipped over 10 million. Sold , that's no way confirmed anywhere.

We have a good enough idea with the figures we have. 11m sellthrough VGC shows seems to be accurate given what's on shelves.

And you don't need to "agree" they've shipped over 10m, that ones a fact.

colafitte said:
kowenicki said:
Seece said:

So MS just released figures and they shipped 6.6m Xbox consoles during the holiday Q.

My estimates (though they are irrelavant to overal Xbox console sales if you notice the title) are that 4.5m are XB1 and 2.1m are 360. This puts 360 at around 86.9m and XB1 around 11.9m.

However you spin the ratios, it's a fact that combined they're at 98.8 million shipped.

We have 95.5m sold, that leaves 3.3m on shelves which is a lot for dying 360 and XB1.

FYI, I don't think XB1 is undertracked, just 360, heavily. (like 1.5m~)

yeps.  undeniable.

360 still in 2nd, never left 2nd and will remain 2nd.  PS3 is dying much quicker.

fact.

Xbox 360 is undeniably undertracked here, but you base PS3 is behind and dying much quicker based on....???

I want the receipts to consider it a FACT, please.

His argument is that if the PS4 is overtracked, then most likely the XBO is still pretty much spot on, making the gap smaller.  And if the 360 is undertracked, then the PS3 is pretty much spot on, which means the 360 remained in 2nd.  Of course, it's probably safer to assume they are both undertracked.  360 is still doing ok in the US and UK, while the PS3 is still doing ok in the rest of EU.

@OP

Well, going by AMD's numbers the XBO shipped ~11M so far.  So that leads to ~87.8M for the 360.  Depending how much MS put into channels, it looks like your estimate of an undertracking of ~1.5M is correct.  Might even be a little more.

teigaga said:

PS3 is gonna win the race regardless of whether its 2nd or 3rd atm

PS3 already won in my opinion since its software still sells the best nowadays and it gets the most games coming out for it from the 7th gen

What I think about it:

XBO pretty much spot on (my estimate: ~12.6M shipped / ~10.9M sold through)
and X360 undertracked (my estimate: ~86.3M shipped / ~85.7M sold through)

Which means I'm thinking the XBO shipped ~5.2M and X360 shipped ~1.4M this quarter.

Also note that PS3 is undertracked too (see my old shipments estimate LTD here ) as the end of last quarter, but that's not the point in here which is 360 and XBO, so let's stick to that !

Edit: By the way, @OP, you said XBO+X360 is at 98.8M shipped combined, but I've 98.9M (which is a massive 0.1M higher that you thought ;)) with my calculation !

Prediction: End of 2015 Hardware sales (as of January 20, 2015)

Wii U: 12.1M | XBO: 19.8M | PS4: 36.0M | 3DS: 58.5M | PSV: 11.7M

VGC has the PS4 at 18.5M (in line with public announcement) and has it outselling the X1 by 1.6-1.7M during the quarter. We also know that Sony SOLD 6.6M PS4s during the quarter and MS SHIPPED 6.6M X1s and X360s during the same quarter (all based on public announcements). If VGC is to be believed, the X1 shipped and sold 5M consoles and the there are 1.6M X360s/X1s that were shipped and went unsold.

Something is very off here, because VGC's PS4 numbers are accurate. This actually looks like the X1 must be overtracked on VGC.

Edit: VGC has the X360 at around 1.2-1.3M for the quarter, which implies that MS shipped 6.6 X1s and X360s and only 300-400K X1s and X360s went unsold (combined).