By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - [STAFF ANNOUNCEMENT] The Site Rules Have Been Updated: Effective Immediately

These rules are well overdue, but they're here now. Well done all!

Also the necrobumping thing is being discussed and will likely be altered. No need to burn your laptop yet!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
We're discussing adapting the rule on necro-bumping... stay tuned!

I'm awaiting 180's, apologies, tears, and complete realisation of the insanity involved in this rule :P

Truck the hero. Smeags the zero. ^_^

Just read everything. Well most of the new rules seem reasonable, the necrobumping one makes me sad.

EDIT: Looks like changes will happen, I'm expecting a Microsoft 180.

good to know that making fun of conegamer, his avatar and his deep love for me is not included on that list.

Woof! Woof! Grr...*grabs Bananaking's Banana Sack* - ConegamersDog

Around the Network

Glad to see caps is now a bannable offense.

I'd wish to see some more relaxed rules on necrobumping. Maybe like only one necrobump at a time per user. It's fun to see the stupid things we were thinking 3, 6 months ago or more sometimes. Perhaps mods should just automatically lock all threads at a given age (say 2 months) unless the OP lets it be known they're ok with it being necrobumped at a later time.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Smeags said:
We're talking about the Necrobump rule. If it does change, it will go from a more black/white ruleset to a grey one determined by the moderators.

Rest assured we only wanted the best for the site when making the rules. But we are willing to change that issue if it helps the community.

Would it be easier to have threads automatically lock after X amount of days of no activity? It seems to me that would make Necrobumping impossible. Then someone would have to create a new thread and link back to the old one, rather than Necrobumping and having (potentially) getting moderated.

Smeags said:
We're talking about the Necrobump rule. If it does change, it will go from a more black/white ruleset to a grey one determined by the moderators.

Rest assured we only wanted the best for the site when making the rules. But we are willing to change that issue if it helps the community.

i make a lot of awful predictions, without being able to necrobump them they are pretty useless. so please, change that rule.  

Seece said:
TruckOSaurus said:

I'm awaiting 180's, apologies, tears, and complete realisation of the insanity involved in this rule :P

And a 50 dollar price cut come christmas.

Teeqoz said:
Seece said:
TruckOSaurus said:

And a 50 dollar price cut come christmas.

Free VGC pro for 3 months.