By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - [STAFF ANNOUNCEMENT] The Site Rules Have Been Updated: Effective Immediately

Alright, so we've established that necro-bumping will be moderated only in instances where the bump is done with malicious intents (flaming/trolling) or when there is no valid reason for doing so (like say a 4 year old Vita thread ).

So, bumping your own prediction thread is fine. Bumping someone else's prediction is also okay as long as it's done in a respectful fashion (so "Your prediction failed, don't you feel dumb?" = BAD, "It seems you were way off on this one" = OKAY).

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
Alright, so we've established that necro-bumping will be moderated only in instances where the bump is done with malicious intents (flaming/trolling) or when there is no valid reason for doing so (like say a 4 year old Vita thread ).

So, bumping your own prediction thread is fine. Bumping someone else's prediction is also okay as long as it's done in a respectful fashion (so "Your prediction failed, don't you feel dumb?" = BAD, "It seems you were way off on this one" = OKAY).

Yeah II like this, I don't mind a slight ribbing over failed predictions (giving and taking) but some people can be spiteful about it.

Still, I've found majority of people take their failed predictions in good spirit and admit they were wrong, so we shouldn't get too many problems.

TruckOSaurus said:

How about bumping an old sales thread for psn or steam? just that I normally tend to use the same thread if there is a new sale going and just make a new op in it or a new post and point to it in the OP?

Some great additions to the rules btw, liking the straight up crackdown on hate speech, some of that could be actually disturbing to read at times.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

ganoncrotch said:
TruckOSaurus said:

How about bumping an old sales thread for psn or steam? just that I normally tend to use the same thread if there is a new sale going and just make a new op in it or a new post and point to it in the OP?

Some great additions to the rules btw, liking the straight up crackdown on hate speech, some of that could be actually disturbing to read at times.

It is fine too since you have a valid reason to bump your thread.

Signature goes here!

So permanent bans are no longer allowed to be requested?

Around the Network

Moderators will look at overt discrimination very harshly. Blatant forms of racism, sexism, homophobia, or any other sort of hatred towards a group of people(s) will not be tolerated, and will be met with firm moderation.

well ill be blunt here, i hope the moderators actually pay attention to comments about muslims, arabs or middle easterns in general. while i dont usually enter political threads to stay away from these comments, at times i do. and the number of misinformed, blantantly wrong or just flat out offensive comments. personally ill stay away from these threads, but there is a good number of people who are from those groups that i mentioned that might be in those threads, and get offended by them. 

What about necrobumping a thread own creation?

Say, the ones in my signature, I plan to update them every few months, but there will be plenty of time when its gonna be dead, would banning be reasonable then?

Really, necrobump = spam is rather silly as that's not always the case, weather the necrobumping user should be banned should depend on the moderator not a complete rule.

Grats on the accomplishment. I think the wording has been improved.

Ka-pi96 said:

I posted the loophole for that a while back. Just say you want a fresh start on a new account and they'll permaban your current one. Then you just 'forget' to make the new one, job done.

We'll permaban the original account after you make your new one.

Problem solved.

BOOM. DOUBLE MODDED!

Ka-pi96 said:
RCTjunkie said:
So permanent bans are no longer allowed to be requested?

I posted the loophole for that a while back. Just say you want a fresh start on a new account and they'll permaban your current one. Then you just 'forget' to make the new one, job done.

What if the permaban is issued only when the new account is made? 

Signature goes here!