By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon a system seller? End of the Year conclusion JAPAN-Hell Yes!!! NA-Slightly EU-some countries barely

What's the Lifetime sales?

4 million 9 23.08%

5 million 12 30.77%

5.5 million 2 5.13%

6 million 7 17.95%

6.5 million 0 0%

7+ million 9 23.08%

Total:39

Even though Watch Dogs was an average game it still sold well as new IP some say gave PS4 a nice boost. So why can't this do the same?

Around the Network

They should just throw some ads around and announce every amiibo to be supported by Splatoon.
Boom.

DolPhanTendo said:

Even though Watch Dogs was an average game it still sold well as new IP some say gave PS4 a nice boost. So why can't this do the same?

Because Watch Dogs had tons of marketing behind it and easily appealed to casuals. Plus, the PS4 is much different beast than the Wii U.

hinch said:
bowserthedog said:

I don't think any gamers really have no interest in Nintendo games. You have the ones like me who will freely admit to it and then you have the bitter ones who swear they hate Nintendo games because they don't like the idea of buying another console just for Nintendo games.

So all those millions of users on other platforms aren't gamers then. And when did I say I hate Nintendo games? Oh wait I didn't.

Ho hum, this is getting tiresome now so forget I mentioned anything Bayo 2.. I won't reply any further.

"And when did I say I hate Nintendo games"

- Why are you making everything about you. I wasn't referring to you with that comment.

- People who own lets say an playstation 4 but not a wiiu often still have some interest in Nintendo. Just because they haven't purchased a nintendo console doesn't mean they have no interest in Nintendo. I certainly wasn't calling them not gamers.

I dunno dude you seem to be stretching what I'm saying in way I never intended.

Looks like it will be abit of fun, but nope. Not even close.

Around the Network
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Boost sales? Yes! By a significant amount? Probabably not unfortunately

This!

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

NO, and I don't know why people are thinking so, many gamers do not even know its existence let alone the casual target. A system seller is a well-established franchise just like MK. I think only Xenoblade and Zelda have that power this year. Mario Party has a fair shot too.

Clearly not. 99% of people who don't own a Wii U probably don't even know this game exists.

Hell no. I doubt it...

We need a new term for WiiU. It needs not 'system seller' but 'system savior'. And no, Splatoon isn't it.