By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon a system seller? End of the Year conclusion JAPAN-Hell Yes!!! NA-Slightly EU-some countries barely

What's the Lifetime sales?

4 million 9 23.08%

5 million 12 30.77%

5.5 million 2 5.13%

6 million 7 17.95%

6.5 million 0 0%

7+ million 9 23.08%

Total:39

If you had known last year that Zelda WiiU wasn't releasing in 2015, you could figure the WiiU sales to disintregrate to even more abysmal numbers.

But if you said that wouldn't necessarily happen because Splatoon would sell 3 million this year and help push the WiiU regularly over 10k / week in Japan and help a WiiU bundle score #1 best seller rankings on Black Friday/Holiday sales ranks on Target, Amazon, and other sites, and that it would go toe-to-toe in sales with Halo 5 you'd be considered INSANE.

Before this thread gets locked for being a necrobump - let me just serve up the well-deserved crow to everyone who failed to understand this simple truth of gaming:

Never count out Nintendo

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
DolPhanTendo said:

I'm bumping this thread because Splatoon has moved consoles 3 million sales 1.2 million in Japan says so. I did stop the tread when people said it was dead. But just like we do end of the year reviews this is a good thread to re visit. 

But it's not for the reasons I just said. For atleast the third time, you did not a specify a number, therefore you could say Splatoon is a system seller regardless of how insignificant it's sales are, since the literal definition only requires it to have sold atleast one system. Obviously the game would do atleast that, we don't need this thread to tell us that. Another way your lack of specification could be taken is the game will sell a significant number of Wii U's that actually matters in the grand scheme of things. Well as we can see, it's still being outpaced by the Gamecube, so that's clearly not the case.

The reason I never put numbers up because regardless of what I put up people would have an issue with the numbers complaining about it being too little or too much. All I wanted to do is put The conversation out there and and have people discuss with their own opinions

MegaDrive08 said:
I went into town on Saturday, the WiiU section in GAME was abysmal, Grainger games on the other hand had quiet a selection of WiiU games and Toys R Us has a decent section with plenty of amiibo as well and a playing station for the WiiU for people to try.

They are just like GameStop treating Nintendo like a red-headed step child. There games get pushed aside to a little square spot in the middle of the store. Saw that in Glendale, California  Mall Saturday and I proceeded to the Manager and told him this why I don't buy from you. Even 3DS games were there too but Vita had a spot on the Wall WTF

fleischr said:

If you had known last year that Zelda WiiU wasn't releasing in 2015, you could figure the WiiU sales to disintregrate to even more abysmal numbers.

But if you said that wouldn't necessarily happen because Splatoon would sell 3 million this year and help push the WiiU regularly over 10k / week in Japan and help a WiiU bundle score #1 best seller rankings on Black Friday/Holiday sales ranks on Target, Amazon, and other sites, and that it would go toe-to-toe in sales with Halo 5 you'd be considered INSANE.

Before this thread gets locked for being a necrobump - let me just serve up the well-deserved crow to everyone who failed to understand this simple truth of gaming:

Never count out Nintendo

Thank you for this 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

I even even said something about this game and a great Holiday lineup for this year is reason enough to tell Anuoma to make the game better and we will release it in 2016 with proper 30 year anniversary celebration