By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon a system seller? End of the Year conclusion JAPAN-Hell Yes!!! NA-Slightly EU-some countries barely

What's the Lifetime sales?

4 million 9 23.08%

5 million 12 30.77%

5.5 million 2 5.13%

6 million 7 17.95%

6.5 million 0 0%

7+ million 9 23.08%

Total:39
Skullwaker said:
I still can't believe this game releases in a week. It feels like just yesterday that it was revealed at E3. Ever since the single player was announced, I've been hyped for this game beyond belief, so I'm awaiting the chance to get my hands on it!

Me too brotha!!! Seeing it at E3 last year i was on board since then. I can't believe we are almost here! Wish I didnt I miss out on the amiibos though 😢😢😢

Around the Network
Peachfuzz69 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

There's a billion Splatoon threads so he probably just posted that in the wrong one, hopefully!

It's a she and the name is lauren. And yes I did post it in the wrong thread 

Welcome to VG and Love the handle name enjoy that number a lot♋️♋️♋️

Shadowfest3 said:
2Quick said:
If they actually advertised splatoon it could sell well...

Exactly this!!  However, I'm hoping there's a ton of word-of-mouth that happens to at least boast the sells of both the Wii U and Splatoon.

I'm hyped because they actually have been properly advertising!  I think it is going to do well now!

(well for a wii u game)

Proud Owner of:

Atari: 2600 5200 Jaguar

Sega: Master System Genesis (W/CD) Saturn Dreamcast Game Gear

Nintendo: NES SNES N64 Gamecube WII WIIU GB GBA(W/e-Reader) DS(i) 3DS

Sony: PS1 PS2 PS3 PS4(W/VR) PSP

Microsoft: XBOX XBOX360

Other: Colecovision, TurboGrafx-16, OUYA, R-Zone Super Screen, Xavix, Intellivision

Windows 10 w/ 12GB RAM, first Gen i7 processor, and 480 GTX; MacBook Air

IT'S HERE!!!! Man with all the positive surrounding Splatoon from reviews, test Fire, and the COMG pre order chart I'm excited to see what happens from here #GetInked

With the Splatoon nearing sellout it Japan I'm thinking the WiiU console got a boost up around 25,000 this coming week putting the console around 31,000 for Splatoon week.

Around the Network

Damn I forgot to account for only being released for 3 days, my estimate was a full week, sorry. Full week I'm probably over by 2-4 thousand, not bad

Damn I forgot to account for only being released for 3 days, my estimate was a full week, sorry. Full week I'm probably over by 2-4 thousand, not bad

Expect June NPD for say if is a sistem seller.
Definitive it sold some WU.

Thread from the Dead

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Honestly the term "system seller" should be reserved for a small handful of IP.

Splatoon is not at that level, not unless it legs its way to 1.5 million LTD in Japan or something.

It's a great game though and I'm glad to see it's selling fairly well in Japan. Splatoon 2 is pretty much assured on NX I would guess.