By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon a system seller? End of the Year conclusion JAPAN-Hell Yes!!! NA-Slightly EU-some countries barely

What's the Lifetime sales?

4 million 9 23.08%

5 million 12 30.77%

5.5 million 2 5.13%

6 million 7 17.95%

6.5 million 0 0%

7+ million 9 23.08%

Total:39
Teeqoz said:
DolPhanTendo said:

So we are a week away. Still think I'm setting myself up for dissappointed?

By saying a million in a month guaranteed, yup. Looks like we'll both be wrong, but I'd rather be overwhelmed than underwhelmed.

My prediction of a million Shipped+Digital WW will happen in a month (june 30th), you'll be hearing that fromNintendo during their Quarterly report or maybe even earlier!

Around the Network

sorry to say that i really don't know what is the hype for this painting game...

well i guess sinply because its a Nintendo game, if this is a Sony or MS game, will it get so hyped? probably won't...

HokageTenshi said:

sorry to say that i really don't know what is the hype for this painting game...

well i guess sinply because its a Nintendo game, thinking if this is a Sony or MS game, will it get so hyped? probably won't...

Oh yeah, that logic makes perfect sense! Thats why Codename STEAM Did so well! Because it was a Nintendo game...

As for the hyping of a painting game, there's much more to it than that. It helps doing research, i didnt know what The Witcher 3 was intill a couple of months ago. So would it be wise of me to say why are people hyped for an old man with sword game?

*The More You Know

HokageTenshi said:

well i guess sinply because its a Nintendo game, thinking if this is a Sony or MS game, will it get so hyped? probably won't...

You could say that about literally any game ever. Would Uncharted get as much attention if it wasn't a Sony game? What about Halo and MS? I don't think Bloodborne would've been hyped as much if it wasn't a From Software game.

The thing is, the game is fun to play. It's being marketed a lot. It's directly from Nintendo EAD, which is a renowned developer. It's also a unique, colorful and inventine online shooter. There are plenty of reasons for people to be excited, and if you choose to ignore all of that, then that's not the game's fault.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

tbone51 said:

Oh yeah, that logic makes perfect sense! Thats why Codename STEAM Did so well! Because it was a Nintendo game...

As for the hyping of a painting game, there's much more to it than that. It helps doing research, i didnt know what The Witcher 3 was intill a couple of months ago. So would it be wise of me to say why are people hyped for an old man with sword game?

*The More You Know

The Witcher 3 isn't my cup of tea too, i prefer much more stylish and fancy fighting skill when it comes to action, same reason why Bloodborne isn't my cup of tea too... 

Skullwaker said:

You could say that about literally any game ever. Would Uncharted get as much attention if it wasn't a Sony game? What about Halo and MS? I don't think Bloodborne would've been hyped as much if it wasn't a From Software game.

The thing is, the game is fun to play. It's being marketed a lot. It's directly from Nintendo EAD, which is a renowned developer. It's also a unique, colorful and inventine online shooter. There are plenty of reasons for people to be excited, and if you choose to ignore all of that, then that's not the game's fault.

i never like Uncharted or Halo series too...

guess i'm the only one who like games not because of which developers it is from...

Around the Network

No I think the Wii U install base is too low to pull those numbers especially for a new ip

HokageTenshi said:

guess i'm the only one who like a games not because of which developers it is from...

That's not my point. The game isn't just getting hype because of its developer.

To say that people only care about it because it's Nintendo is ignorant, because plenty of Nintendo games are released and aren't really hyped (Ex: The Wonderful 101, Codename STEAM, Mario Party 10, etc.) The game is getting attention because of its quality and uniqueness. Period.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

HokageTenshi said:
tbone51 said:

*The More You Know

The Witcher 3 isn't my cup of tea too, i prefer much more stylish and fancy fighting skill when it comes to action, same reason why Bloodborne isn't my cup of tea too... 

Skullwaker said:

guess i'm the only one who like a games not because of which developers it is from...

Their point.

^

^

^

^

Your head.

What you prefer is irrelevant to the fact that you only don't know why Splatoon is hyped because you haven't done any research. Who a game is made by can contribute to hype, but is rarely the sole reason.

SpokenTruth said:
Peachfuzz69 said:
No I think the Wii U install base is too low to pull those numbers especially for a new ip

To pull what numbers?  There are none in the OP.

Yep that's the issue with this thread. Wii U could be up a mere 5k over the previous week and Splatoon could technically be called a system seller still despite making no difference in the grand scheme of things like Smash n Kart.

SpokenTruth said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
SpokenTruth said:
Peachfuzz69 said:

To pull what numbers?  There are none in the OP.

Yep that's the issue with this thread. Wii U could be up a mere 5k over the previous week and Splatoon could technically be called a system seller still despite making no difference in the grand scheme of things like Smash n Kart.

Worse that just that issue is the fact that poster used the Wii U's install base as a reason why it won't.

There's a billion Splatoon threads so he probably just posted that in the wrong one, hopefully!