By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon a system seller? End of the Year conclusion JAPAN-Hell Yes!!! NA-Slightly EU-some countries barely

What's the Lifetime sales?

4 million 9 23.08%

5 million 12 30.77%

5.5 million 2 5.13%

6 million 7 17.95%

6.5 million 0 0%

7+ million 9 23.08%

Total:39

It could a legs game -- something that people continually buy just to have a good reason to have WiiU.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
uran10 said:
Splatoon will be a system seller, I expect a major boost, it wont be in the same vein as MK8 unless it has a bundle but it should be pretty significant. There are 3 games that will provide major boosts to the Wii U this year. Zelda, Splatoon and Xenoblade. They all shoot for different demographics and should do well to pull them in. I think a lot of people are underestimating what these 3 games can do.

What is your definition of a major boost? How much do you think Xenoblade and Splatoon are actually going to sell?

From what I can say, Japan boosted up 10k to me is a major boost because japan. For america 20k more or so, same for Europe with about 15k. We're not all in MK level and its Wii U. Major boosts wont be ps4 destiny boosts. And MK8 is probably the biggest boost we'll see. So I'm going modestly off of that.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

People need better standards for the term system seller.

If they market it
M-A-R-K-E-T
Nintendo should be good at that by now. I mean, their mascot has the same first 3 letters as the term

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

uran10 said:
outlawauron said:
uran10 said:
Splatoon will be a system seller, I expect a major boost, it wont be in the same vein as MK8 unless it has a bundle but it should be pretty significant. There are 3 games that will provide major boosts to the Wii U this year. Zelda, Splatoon and Xenoblade. They all shoot for different demographics and should do well to pull them in. I think a lot of people are underestimating what these 3 games can do.

What is your definition of a major boost? How much do you think Xenoblade and Splatoon are actually going to sell?

From what I can say, Japan boosted up 10k to me is a major boost because japan. For america 20k more or so, same for Europe with about 15k. We're not all in MK level and its Wii U. Major boosts wont be ps4 destiny boosts. And MK8 is probably the biggest boost we'll see. So I'm going modestly off of that.

I suppose that's reasonable, but people are going to think way more than that when you say major boost.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Sharpryno said:

Watch Dogs, Destiny, Sunset Overdrive??? Are these better standards???

It would be nice if it did, but I doubt it will be a system seller. It`s a new IP on a low selling console with a genre the Wii U audience may not be into. If they market it well, it may do decently, but I don`t think it will be a big system seller. I`ll be buying it though, and would loved to be proven wrong.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

DolPhanTendo said:
Sharpryno said:

Watch Dogs, Destiny, Sunset Overdrive??? Are these better standards???

well. watchdogs and Destiny sold a lot od consoles by themselves u know...

Maybe if Nintendo releases a limited edition Wii U. I just don't see this game really attracting new customers. Not in the NA anyhow. We'll see how it does in Japan and EU. I do think it stands a good chance of having decent sales. Garden Warfare had 2 million copies sold on retail with the 360 being the pack leader around 800,000 units sold. So there's definitely room for another cartoon shooter on the market. The question is if whether or not the game will grab the Nintendo community, and more importantly, hold them for a long time to come. The key to any good shooter, especially one with any kind of multiplayer focus, is to have a compelling base gameplay that people will want to go back to long after it's released. It's why a game such as Team Fortress 2 has become so iconic and beloved by shooter fans even with it's cartoon asthetic. That and make sure to support the game as well. It'll be interesting to see what Nintendo does long term with this game. This is the closest they have to offer as their go to arena shooter franchise at the moment. Especially with devs like EA and Activision not bothering with Wii U development anymore.

Of course, just like Bayonetta 2.