By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon a system seller? End of the Year conclusion JAPAN-Hell Yes!!! NA-Slightly EU-some countries barely

What's the Lifetime sales?

4 million 9 23.08%

5 million 12 30.77%

5.5 million 2 5.13%

6 million 7 17.95%

6.5 million 0 0%

7+ million 9 23.08%

Total:39

I don't think it'll sell the way Mario Kart 8 sold but I do think that if they put some serious advertisement out around this game, it could sell incredibly well and help get people on board that are thinking of getting the WiiU.  I personally think that if NIntendo puts big advertisement behind there games and focuses on the game rather then the fake family crap, it'll sell well.  Also, because it's a new IP, they'll need to start advertisement for it early, not the month of.

Around the Network
Faust said:
DolPhanTendo said:
Sharpryno said:
People need better standards for the term system seller.

Watch Dogs, Destiny, Sunset Overdrive??? Are these better standards???

well. watchdogs and Destiny sold a lot od consoles by themselves u know...

That's my point those two moved some consoles so why can't this.

DolPhanTendo said:
Faust said:
DolPhanTendo said:
Sharpryno said:
People need better standards for the term system seller.

Watch Dogs, Destiny, Sunset Overdrive??? Are these better standards???

well. watchdogs and Destiny sold a lot od consoles by themselves u know...

That's my point those two moved some consoles so why can't this.

Hype, marketing and the PS4 is completely different than the Wii U. Everything seems to be able to boost the PS4 to some degree.

Skullwaker said:
It could be a system seller if people know about it. AKA, Nintendo needs to get their shit together when it comes to marketing.

^This. (I figured someone had already said it.)

It absolutely will NOT be a system seller at first. No new IP ever is. However, if word of mouth spreads excitement over the game well enough, it could become a system seller later. See Pokémon generation 1. It started with abyssmal sales, but word spread and it grew out of control to be the one Nintendo franchise that can consistently compete with Mario at his best. I don't expect that with Splatoon, but I do expect first week sales to be horrible and look rather like a flop but the legs to grow and eventually sell systems.

Around the Network
HylianSwordsman said:
It absolutely will NOT be a system seller at first. No new IP ever is. However, if word of mouth spreads excitement over the game well enough, it could become a system seller later. See Pokémon generation 1. It started with abyssmal sales, but word spread and it grew out of control to be the one Nintendo franchise that can consistently compete with Mario at his best. I don't expect that with Splatoon, but I do expect first week sales to be horrible and look rather like a flop but the legs to grow and eventually sell systems.

coughDestinycough

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Johnw1104 said:

One thing I'm curious about is, given the Wii U seems to be a popular second system, whether or not Wii U sales might see an uptick once people have had their PS4 or Xbox 1 for a while. A buddy of mine assures me he'll get one eventually but only just got the PS4 last month and doesn't have the money yet; perhaps others are thinking similarly?

I know that I am planning on doing the same thing, I just don't have enough money for a Wii U right now.

dont think so, the game is targeted at Nintendo fans not PlayStation fans like bayonetta and xeno do

It personally isn't a system seller for me, but when I get a Wii U it could be a nice addition to my list.

Nope.. It looks like it's going to be an awesome game, but will it be a system seller? Nope!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---