By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon a system seller? End of the Year conclusion JAPAN-Hell Yes!!! NA-Slightly EU-some countries barely

What's the Lifetime sales?

4 million 9 23.08%

5 million 12 30.77%

5.5 million 2 5.13%

6 million 7 17.95%

6.5 million 0 0%

7+ million 9 23.08%

Total:39
hinch said:
bowserthedog said:
hinch said:

Nah. It looks like one of those games that (while being very high in quality, much like Bayo 2) will only appease to the core userbase for the Wii U. Its not like its a long established IP like the Super Mario Bros., Mario Kart or SSB etc series that can actually push consoles sales.

I love how people think that the core nintendo userbase is into Bayonetta 2. That's remarkable. I remember when people said core nintendo fans don't like m rated games lol.

Enlighten me then.. who else if going to buy Bayonetta 2 on the Wii U?

Guys like me who will buy any piece of hardware and it's all about playing the best possible games. That game is going to have legs because there are gamers out there who are going to be buying the wiiu to play 5 to 10 games and bayonetta 2 will be on that list. Elitest Gamers.

Around the Network
bowserthedog said:
hinch said:
bowserthedog said:
hinch said:

Nah. It looks like one of those games that (while being very high in quality, much like Bayo 2) will only appease to the core userbase for the Wii U. Its not like its a long established IP like the Super Mario Bros., Mario Kart or SSB etc series that can actually push consoles sales.

I love how people think that the core nintendo userbase is into Bayonetta 2. That's remarkable. I remember when people said core nintendo fans don't like m rated games lol.

Guys like me who will buy any piece of hardware and it's all about playing the best possible games. That game is going to have legs because there are gamers out there who are going to be buying the wiiu to play 5 to 10 games and bayonetta 2 will be on that list. Elitest Gamers.

I'm not sure what you mean by "elitist gamer", but whatever. Bayonetta 2 had good front end sales but has dropped off significantly. And as for your previous reply I've never mentioned anything about mature games on Nintendo consoles, so I'm not sure what you're getting so worked for. I just said Splatoon looks like a game that will probably only appeal to the consoles current userbase and fans.

IkePoR said:
Sure. Splatoon 2 will defiantly sell the next Nintendo home console.

It's kind of head scratching that people are still asking if anything can sell the Wii U. It's like asking if x thing will sell boxed cancer. Nothing will ever sell boxed cancer.

I'll buy boxed cancer if it has Nintendo on the box

:P

OP: nah it will mostly sell to people who have the WiiU

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Every new Nintendo IP for Wii U this gen was supposed to be a big system seller, but Splatoon is gonna be the one!

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Fusioncode said:
That story sounds incredibly made up.

As for Splatoon, I have no idea how it'll do.

Actually It wasn't I will put that on both my kids graves, dude was syked for it. Lol yes I said syked.

Around the Network
hinch said:
bowserthedog said:
hinch said:
bowserthedog said:
hinch said:

I'm not sure what you mean by "elitist gamer", but whatever. Bayonetta 2 had good front end sales but has dropped off significantly. And as for your previous reply I've never mentioned anything about mature games on Nintendo consoles, so I'm not sure what you're getting so worked for. I just said Splatoon looks like a game that will probably only appeal to current userbase and fans.

I'm not worked up about anything. I just love how people are stated that Bayonetta 2 is being bought up by the nintendo faithfull.  It's really nice to see.  It will have legs from those buying consoles over the next two years or so. I'm expecting 300k of legs in 2015 and 150k in legs in 2015.

By Elitest gamers i mean people who would decide which games they will play based on review scores above all else and are willing to buy more than one console to be able to do that. Sort of like a movie buff who watches all the academy award nominees every year. There are many of those and there are gamers like that too who have to play the  best games.

bowserthedog said:

I'm not worked up about anything. I just love how people are stated that Bayonetta 2 is being bought up by the nintendo faithfull.  It's really nice to see.  It will have legs from those buying consoles over the next two years or so. I'm expecting 300k of legs in 2015 and 150k in legs in 2015.

By Elitest gamers i mean people who would decide which games they will play based on review scores above all else and are willing to buy more than one console to be able to do that. Sort of like a movie buff who watches all the academy award nominees every year. There are many of those and there are gamers like that too who have to play the  best games.

I see.

Well, unless I see or hear a load of people buying Bayonetta 2 who aren't moderately interested in Nintendo consoles, then yeah.. I'll take your word for it. I mean its hard to take your word considering your name is bowserthedog - and a adorable avvy to go with it. Just sayin'

Anyway, going offtopic now so..

hinch said:
bowserthedog said:

I see.

Well, unless I see or hear a load of people buying Bayonetta 2 who aren't moderately interested in Nintendo consoles, then yeah.. I'll take your word for it. I mean its hard to take your word considering your name is bowserthedog - and a adorable avvy to go with it. Just sayin'

Anyway, going offtopic now so..

I don't think any gamers really have no interest in Nintendo games. You have the ones like me who will freely admit to it and then you have the bitter ones who swear they hate Nintendo games because they don't like the idea of buying another console just for Nintendo games.

Splatoon will change the industry forever with its trends, sell 10m+ and modify the way we see the world.

All hail Splatoon.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

bowserthedog said:

I don't think any gamers really have no interest in Nintendo games. You have the ones like me who will freely admit to it and then you have the bitter ones who swear they hate Nintendo games because they don't like the idea of buying another console just for Nintendo games.

So all those millions of users on other platforms aren't gamers then. And when did I say I hate Nintendo games? Oh wait I didn't.

Ho hum, this is getting tiresome now so forget I mentioned anything Bayo 2.. I won't reply any further.