By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Atlus, Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem please.

With this game being absent from Nintendo's E3 2014 and, well, pretty much just absent... Do you still think it's in the works or is it stuck in devolpment hell after Sega's purchase of Atlus?

I've been thinking about this game a lot lately, mostly just because I want a solid RPG on the Wii U. Then I rememered that Atlus was bought by Sega whos recent 3 game exclusive deal with Nintendo flopped, especially in Sonic Boom's case. So that makes me wonder if Sega is rethinking the game after the poor sales that came from that deal. 

I was pretty excited when this game was announced in 2013, but we havn't heard anything since then. Do you think that maybe we'll hear more about it or see gameplay footage sometime this year? At E3, Gamescom, or in a ND? I really hope this title hasn't been canceled and that Nintendo is just keeping it in its back pocket to help bolster the 2016 lineup for the Wii u. What do you guys think?

“What I say is, a town isn't a town without a bookstore. It may call itself a town, but unless it's got a bookstore it knows it's not fooling a soul.”  - Neil Gaiman

Around the Network

I've been wanting to hear more about this game! It's like "Come on Already!"

There Are Many Paths to Gaming Heaven

I still think it's in development. The fact is, Nintendo announced it to fill the lack of RPGs on Wii U, and why not, to excite the Fire Emblem fans as well. Also, the fact that we haven't seen it since that Direct tells me that the game was practically on a very, very, very early stage of development.

And I suppose it's a very complex game to make. I mean, you're working with two franchises, SMT and Fire Emblem. What's the relationship between them?

And just look at Yoshi's Wooly World, it was announced in that Direct too, and it's barely launching this year. Same for Xenoblade Chronicles X. Give to SMT x FE developers some time.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Recycle001 said:

With this game being absent from Nintendo's E3 2014 and, well, pretty much just absent... Do you still think it's in the works or is it stuck in devolpment hell after Sega's purchase of Atlus?

I've been thinking about this game a lot lately, mostly just because I want a solid RPG on the Wii U. Then I rememered that Atlus was bought by Sega whos recent 3 game exclusive deal with Nintendo flopped, especially in Sonic Boom's case. So that makes me wonder if Sega is rethinking the game after the poor sales that came from that deal.

I was pretty excited when this game was announced in 2013, but we havn't heard anything since then. Do you think that maybe we'll hear more about it or see gameplay footage sometime this year? At E3, Gamescom, or in a ND? I really hope this title hasn't been canceled and that Nintendo is just keeping it in its back pocket to help bolster the 2016 lineup for the Wii u. What do you guys think?

I don't want to talk about Last Guardian U anymore.

Instead, can't we just play Citizens of Earth from Atlus? (Seriously, play it!)

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Don't worry. Pikmin 3 took 9 years and we got it...

Around the Network

Maybe at E3 2015?

At least give us a screenshot Nintendo....

Please...

I think it's possible that it's moved on to whatever system Nintendo is making next.

We've gotta hear something soon. The radio silence is getting concerning.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Well, they did say at E3 that it was still well in development, so I wouldn't give up hope just yet.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Atlus with through some issues shortly after it was announced, I always assumed that caused the game to be pushed back.