By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Possible PS4 slim leaked (Fake)

HollyGamer said:
Tachikoma said:

Tamron did an analysis, gave it me to post.

He says working from a known size (the disk slot on the side) you can gauge the dimensions of it, and when compared to the dimensions of a normal ps4 you get the borrom comparison, which as you can see is WAY off the supposed "leaked" slims sizes.

Additionally he says this.

Scalng the sizes down to the second images actual size and applying real world disk and hdd sizes gives you the following.

As the "leak" has a central mounted optical drive, there isnt any clearance to include a hard drive in the machine, and thats before considering anything else such as cooling, fans and so on.

Tamrons verdict is basically, "physically impossible to be real".

And there you have it.

It's not real, but the concept and the picture is real, i bet they will look different when it's finish. and it's not a rocket science that the company already researching and planed to make the slimer console in the near future.

What? Yes, somebody made up something and this is as real as it gets. Sure they will try to redesign the console but what does it have to do with the OP? Tamron put way too much work in proving this wrong.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:

What? Yes, somebody made up something and this is as real as it gets. Sure they will try to redesign the console but what does it have to do with the OP? Tamron put way too much work in proving this wrong.

He put like 5 minutes in, hes in the bath on his tablet.. lol
hes a product designer, he does this sort of thing in his sleep.

Tachikoma said:
walsufnir said:

He put like 5 minutes in, hes in the bath on his tablet.. lol
hes a product designer, he does this sort of thing in his sleep.

Again, too much work Still nice to see that it is *proven* wrong.

External power brick surely, if true.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Tachikoma said:

Tamron did an analysis, gave it me to post.

He says working from a known size (the disk slot on the side) you can gauge the dimensions of it, and when compared to the dimensions of a normal ps4 you get the borrom comparison, which as you can see is WAY off the supposed "leaked" slims sizes.

Additionally he says this.

Scalng the sizes down to the second images actual size and applying real world disk and hdd sizes gives you the following.

As the "leak" has a central mounted optical drive, there isnt any clearance to include a hard drive in the machine, and thats before considering anything else such as cooling, fans and so on.

Tamrons verdict is basically, "physically impossible to be real".

And there you have it.

Actually this is only true if the slim model actually has a disc drive. And that's the thing, i don't think it has. The opening on the side is much more likely a ventilation hole. Think about, a disc drive on the side of the device, that's not really practicall is it?

I'm not saying these leaks are real but they do touch a interesting possibility: an digital only PS4. Sony would make more money if games would all be sold through the PS Store and people owning such a system would not be able to buy used games.

As long as a regular PS4 with disc drive is available to choose aswell, there is no harm in trying. And if the didital only PS4 has a much slimmer look and would be atleast $50 cheaper, i think it would be rather succesfull.

Around the Network

dats too slim.

Too early and too small with the initial costs still high on the console. They won't do that till they start turning a decent profit imo. At least 2016

That's fake. That's smaller than the Wii U. I don't understand the clamoring for a PS4 slim. It's not the PS3, the PS4 is already a compact design.

If this was real why on earth would you put the codename and the real name on the same slide title, seems so fake.

Just fake. Either way to small. And by the way, eject button=optical drive.

Will there be a slim one day? Sure. But not this one.