By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Possible PS4 slim leaked (Fake)

ktay95 said:
AnthonyW86 said:

Actually this is only true if the slim model actually has a disc drive. And that's the thing, i don't think it has. The opening on the side is much more likely a ventilation hole. Think about, a disc drive on the side of the device, that's not really practicall is it?

The power and eject button are also next to the disc drive shaped hole that totally isnt a disc drive... YEP!! =P

Also what makes that the side?? This is a supposed new model, it can change if it wants to.

The Sony and PS4 logo's are clearly the front. However i was looking from my mobile so i didn't see the pictures very clearly, and i missed the eject button so. . Funny thing is that the disc drive opening takes up just over half of the side of the device, and looking at how much shorter it is than a regular PS4 i'm not the drive slot is actually big enough for a full size disc. Judging by how thin it is it was already clearly a fake.

Still i think a new version of the PS4 without a disc drive would sell pretty well, and it would be smaller and cheaper to produce.

Around the Network

Too small and when standing the disc entrance would be at the top, something I doubt a console manufacturer would ever do. Also the PlayStation logo is missing on the first picture but present on the other pictures. I also don't see any USB drives, but then again we don't see every side of this supposes PS4 Slim.

bananaking21 said:
if this is true, could we see a 299$ PS4 this holiday?

We will probably see a pricecut for the ps4 this holiday yeah.

bananaking21 said:
if this is true, could we see a 299$ PS4 this holiday?

I don't know if it has to. In Europe they don't have to do anything and can wait to see how market reacts to anything MS tries (like they did in UK). In US the competition is a different story and I guess they will fight harder. The price will depend on how deep MS is willing to go and how much money Sony wants to make off the hardware.

99% certain it's not real. I expect them to replace parts inside for cheaper parts for the next 2 years then a proper slim.

Around the Network

Holy hell, this is too small to be true

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Seems way too small to be real, and the disc drive on the side of the console just seems like an odd design choice. If a PS4 Slim was in the same location as my current PS4 I wouldn't be able to get the disc in xD

I hope this isn't real, looks ugly compared to the Sexy Fat PS4.

Could be real. No internal PowerSupply, revised Chipset.

But either it means that the internal HD isn't changeable by the end user or there must be a removable plate on the under side. Can't think that the complete right case besides the BR could be removed to access the HD. Would expose to much of the mainboard...

If Sony can get the PS4 slim out before Microsoft released a Slim XBO, it'll give them another advantage.