By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Possible PS4 slim leaked (Fake)

AnthonyW86 said:

Actually this is only true if the slim model actually has a disc drive. And that's the thing, i don't think it has. The opening on the side is much more likely a ventilation hole. Think about, a disc drive on the side of the device, that's not really practicall is it?

The power and eject button are also next to the disc drive shaped hole that totally isnt a disc drive... YEP!! =P

Also what makes that the side?? This is a supposed new model, it can change if it wants to.

Around the Network

The Slim won't arrive until Mid-to-late 2016. I can see a Price cut this year, then a Slim next year.

Anyone who doesn't doubt this hasn't seen the PS4. It already shockingly thin. The teardown would be a masterclass in engineering. I can't accept this as being real.

Would love for them to get it that small but I don't believe this tbh

The images look legit, but I don't buy it.

Also would sony use this card so early?With it selling like hotcakes surely they'd sucker a few dozen more poeple into buying the PS4 before issuing a re-release? That would be the ideal way to maintain longterm momentum.

I don't think it's real. It's still way too early for a "slim" model.

"Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

-Samuel Clemens

Around the Network

It looks fake, to soon to be able to do a significant reduction in size.

But the PS4 is already small. When they make a slim version, I hope it has a different design and shape compared to the first one.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

CosmicSex said:
Anyone who doesn't doubt this hasn't seen the PS4. It already shockingly thin. The teardown would be a masterclass in engineering. I can't accept this as being real.

This. Is already smaller than the slim PS3 (2009 model), even if it packs a more powerful GPU and CPU and generates more heat (since it has a higher consumption).

Using more power = more heat. Being smaller = more heat in a smaller area. PS4 has both of these downsides compared to PS3. And despite that, if the PS4 could become way smaller in just one year, that would just mean that the original model was badly engineered and inneficient to be improved as significantly in a small time frame.

Yea, absolutely fake. That thing is barely larger than the Bluray drive, so there is no room for the HDD. And if you had these pics, you would just upload the actual pics, not take lower quality pics of it off your laptop.

Far too early, and the mock-up is just too small. Looks more like a super slim