By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One lost another exclusive

Ninsect said:
walsufnir said:
kowenicki said:

IF they have a gaming pc or are interested in gaming on a pc.

When are people here going to stop thinking all console gamers also game on PC?  they dont... not even close, thats a trait pretty much distinct to gaming forum dwellers.  The vast majority dont, thats why they have consoles.  They prefer the console experience.

This is exaclty my case - I have quite a decent PC with good specs - for work. I don't have a dedicated GPU and probably won't ever do that again. The market for PC went down many years, most people nowadays buy laptops or tablets to do their "internet stuff".

But these people aren't that active on forums so if you are active on forums you get a wrong picture of how many people actually play on PC.

I decided to play on consoles intentionally. Given that I sometimes use an emulator on my PC to replay some of my classic games.

You say that and you're from Germany of all places...where PC gaming is bigger than any console lol. You're certainly not like the average German as for the choice of a gaming system (vast majority choose PC or PS)

Oh, I know what you mean. But Germany is really an exception and by far not a rule. And I do know that there are a lot of PC gamers around the world but leave out those who have already "old" PCs and the number gets very small probably.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
naruball said:
kowenicki said:

the number of consoles lost due to this is tiny.  you know that.  its a non-story.

I do not "know" that, neither do you.

Yes, I do based on my experience and that of the gamer I know..

if you dont know, why dont you educate a guess based on your knowledge.

If that educated guess isnt that its a tiny number then I think you are kidding yourself.

Stealth edit I see. First you claim that you "know" something and then you talk about an "educated guess". I stand by my point. You don't know. That's your guess. You may me right, you may be wrong. You may biased and consider your opinion as more likely to be true. I may be biased, so I chose to refrain from making similar claims. 

jlmurph2 said:

As of right now they're confirmed for the Xbox App on Windows 10

Thank you. I will upgrade my windows 7. I don't like to have different accounts to buy games but it's a good thing if MS try to compete with steam. 

jlmurph2 said:
Ninsect said:
kowenicki said:

Yes, I do based on my experience and that of the gamer I know..

if you dont know, why dont you educate a guess based on your knowledge.

If that educated guess isnt that its a tiny number then I think you are kidding yourself.

UK is one of the least PC centric countries in Europe, so your "experience" doesn't really say much. Think about places like Germany where PC gaming is bigger than any console.

I think you just proved his point then. It won't affect Xbox in its biggest markets. The number of consoles lost is tiny.

If proving a point was that easy we would never have arguments. I didn't prove his point, I pointed out that his experience doesn't mean much. Also, what number is "tiny"? One of the reasons it ISN'T doing well in markets such as Germany is that its library overlaps a lot with PC. It was the same with 360.

PC market in the UK is still big, it's just relatively small compared to places like Germany.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

kowenicki said:
Ninsect said:

UK is one of the least PC centric countries in Europe, so your "experience" doesn't really say much. Think about places like Germany where PC gaming is bigger than any console.

where xbox one doesnt sell very well.  excellent.  MS will make money a different way instead.

Its not rocket science.

Yes, thanks for proving my point lol. Xbox doesn't sell well in PC centric markets. I wonder why...

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Ninsect said:

You say that and you're from Germany of all places...where PC gaming is bigger than any console lol. You're certainly not like the average German as for the choice of a gaming system (vast majority choose PC or PS)

you sure are an expert on other countires from your home in Iceland.

We have internet here. You might have heard about it.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

atomicblue said:
Same is true of many of Sony's exclusives, so I don't think this is a big deal. PC gaming is way more popular than it used to be, thanks in large part to the impact of indie games and services like Steam.

What SONY games make it to PC? All I can think of is Pixel Junk and I'm not even sure those are first party. It's also from a third party dev.

4 ≈ One

Fable has a history on PC and it's not really going to move much systems, don't make a bigger deal out of this than it is. They probably know this game isn't going to sell the best so they're maximizing the potential sales.

I thought that maybe this generation we could count them. How wrong i was.

iceland said:
Fable has a history on PC and it's not really going to move much systems, don't make a bigger deal out of this than it is. They probably know this game isn't going to sell the best so they're maximizing the potential sales.

Pretty much this. When the next Halo or Gears shows up on PC, that's when Xbox fans have something to worry about.