By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One lost another exclusive

SweetTalia said:
COX said:

So in the long run if I have a PC and a Ps4 I will have access to the PC + Ps4 + XO library. I like that :) .

No, just wishful thinking on your end. A few games here and there but that's about it.

Yes just wishful thinking of my end. I know that.

" Fable Legends is just the first of the major game franchises from Microsoft Studios coming to Windows 10 and we will have more to share in the coming months. "

The only games that I want form MS is Gears, Fable and Scalebound and I am almost sure that at least two of them will be availaible on PC. 

Around the Network
naruball said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
its a weird situation.

When Microsoft wasnt supporting Windows games for PC properly then fans cried out at Microsoft for it and said its a bad move and bashed them

Now Microsoft starts adding games to PC and its still perceived as bad to people

I view Microsoft in the same light I do Nintendo sometimes. They're in a no win situation no matter what they do

Not exactly. They could have developed exclusive games for PC and exclusive games for xbone. What they're doing is really hurting xbone no matter how people have been trying to spin it. It gives the impression to potential buyers that there's not much reason to own an xbone, as pretty much everything will eventually come to pc. Even if you have no interest in Dead Rising or Fable, it still affects the consumer's perception of the console.

Exactly how many consumers are going to walk into a Gamestop with the intent of buying an Xbox One and then leave because some games are also on PC?

PwerlvlAmy said:
its a weird situation.

When Microsoft wasnt supporting Windows games for PC properly then fans cried out at Microsoft for it and said its a bad move and bashed them

Now Microsoft starts adding games to PC and its still perceived as bad to people

I view Microsoft in the same light I do Nintendo sometimes. They're in a no win situation no matter what they do

Nintendo has never been in Microsofts position. Nintendos position is easily remedied through amassing third party (which most people consume) on their consoles, which is why their DS consoles sell well on an overall level. Microsoft could've remedied their problem by not supporting PC with their console games from the very beginning. It makes your brand more appealing. Microsoft exclusives might sell more on multiplatforms but crossplay seals the deal that the other platform is not needed for those who dont require it.

jlmurph2 said:
naruball said:

Not exactly. They could have developed exclusive games for PC and exclusive games for xbone. What they're doing is really hurting xbone no matter how people have been trying to spin it. It gives the impression to potential buyers that there's not much reason to own an xbone, as pretty much everything will eventually come to pc. Even if you have no interest in Dead Rising or Fable, it still affects the consumer's perception of the console.

Exactly how many consumers are going to walk into a Gamestop with the intent of buying an Xbox One and then leave because some games are also on PC?

I don't know. I haven't asked them nor do I like pulling numbers out of my ass. If you, however, somehow know that magical number, please enligten us. 

kowenicki said:
naruball said:

IF they have a gaming pc or are interested in gaming on a pc.

When are people here going to stop thinking all console gamers also game on PC?  they dont... not even close, thats a trait pretty much distinct to gaming forum dwellers.  The vast majority dont, thats why they have consoles.  They prefer the console experience.

Show me, please, where I suggested otherwise.

Where did I speak about everyone? I'm clearly referring to people who game on pc and are considering buying an xbone (instead of a wiiu or a ps4 or nothing else).

Around the Network
kowenicki said:

the number of consoles lost due to this is tiny.  you know that.  its a non-story.

I do not "know" that, neither do you.

I... honestly think this is bad for One, one less reason to own the console, and they are saying to his public "go ahead and stream with your PC" well, is like they are approaching the consumer to PC gaming. Is good for Microsoft, but not for One sales IMO

kowenicki said:

I'm sure MS will be happy to receive the dollars they wouldnt have otherwise received...

I totally agree. I don't have to buy a XOne and MS will win money with softwares.

It is a win win situation (well except for the Xone but it's not important). 

These games will be available on Steam  ? It would be even better !

Goodnightmoon said:
I... honestly think this is bad for One, one less reason to own the console, and they are saying to his public "go ahead and stream with your PC" well, is like they are approaching the consumer to PC gaming. Is good for Microsoft, but not for One sales IMO

That's not PC gaming. Its simply playing it on a different screen.

naruball said:
jlmurph2 said:
naruball said:

I don't know. I haven't asked them nor do I like pulling numbers out of my ass. If you, however, somehow know that magical number, please enligten us. 

You're the one talking about the consumer's perception. So exactly how many of those consumers' perceptions are being altered? If its just PC gamers then that's nothing. Considering MS already has them.