By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One lost another exclusive

jlmurph2 said:
naruball said:

I don't know. I haven't asked them nor do I like pulling numbers out of my ass. If you, however, somehow know that magical number, please enligten us. 

You're the one talking about the consumer's perception. So exactly how many of those consumers' perceptions are being altered? If its just PC gamers then that's nothing. Considering MS already has them.

When I bring up numbers, you'll have a point. At the moment, you don't.

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
Goodnightmoon said:
I... honestly think this is bad for One, one less reason to own the console, and they are saying to his public "go ahead and stream with your PC" well, is like they are approaching the consumer to PC gaming. Is good for Microsoft, but not for One sales IMO

That's not PC gaming. Its simply playing it on a different screen.

It is very similar, take your gamepad and play Xbox One games on your PC... I already do that 

kowenicki said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
its a weird situation.

When Microsoft wasnt supporting Windows games for PC properly then fans cried out at Microsoft for it and said its a bad move and bashed them

Now Microsoft starts adding games to PC and its still perceived as bad to people

I view Microsoft in the same light I do Nintendo sometimes. They're in a no win situation no matter what they do

There is a reason for that.

Do tell

OT: Game doesn't interest me at all so this news doesn't really affect me. I am interested to hear about the other games they are going to port to PC, apparently.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

kowenicki said:
naruball said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
its a weird situation.

When Microsoft wasnt supporting Windows games for PC properly then fans cried out at Microsoft for it and said its a bad move and bashed them

Now Microsoft starts adding games to PC and its still perceived as bad to people

I view Microsoft in the same light I do Nintendo sometimes. They're in a no win situation no matter what they do

Not exactly. They could have developed exclusive games for PC and exclusive games for xbone. What they're doing is really hurting xbone no matter how people have been trying to spin it. It gives the impression to potential buyers that there's not much reason to own an xbone, as pretty much everything will eventually come to pc. Even if you have no interest in Dead Rising or Fable, it still affects the consumer's perception of the console.

IF they have a gaming pc or are interested in gaming on a pc.

When are people here going to stop thinking all console gamers also game on PC?  they dont... not even close, thats a trait pretty much distinct to gaming forum dwellers.  The vast majority dont, thats why they have consoles.  They prefer the console experience.

This is exaclty my case - I have quite a decent PC with good specs - for work. I don't have a dedicated GPU and probably won't ever do that again. The market for PC went down many years, most people nowadays buy laptops or tablets to do their "internet stuff".

But these people aren't that active on forums so if you are active on forums you get a wrong picture of how many people actually play on PC.

I decided to play on consoles intentionally. Given that I sometimes use an emulator on my PC to replay some of my classic games.

kowenicki said:
naruball said:
kowenicki said:

the number of consoles lost due to this is tiny.  you know that.  its a non-story.

I do not "know" that, neither do you.

Yes, I do based on my experience and that of the gamer I know..

if you dont know, why dont you educate a guess based on your knowledge.

If that educated guess isnt that its a tiny number then I think you are kidding yourself.

UK is one of the least PC centric countries in Europe, so your "experience" doesn't really say much. Think about places like Germany where PC gaming is bigger than any console.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network
Ninsect said:
kowenicki said:

Yes, I do based on my experience and that of the gamer I know..

if you dont know, why dont you educate a guess based on your knowledge.

If that educated guess isnt that its a tiny number then I think you are kidding yourself.

UK is one of the least PC centric countries in Europe, so your "experience" doesn't really say much. Think about places like Germany where PC gaming is bigger than any console.

I think you just proved his point then. It won't affect Xbox in its biggest markets. The number of consoles lost is tiny.

walsufnir said:
kowenicki said:

IF they have a gaming pc or are interested in gaming on a pc.

When are people here going to stop thinking all console gamers also game on PC?  they dont... not even close, thats a trait pretty much distinct to gaming forum dwellers.  The vast majority dont, thats why they have consoles.  They prefer the console experience.

This is exaclty my case - I have quite a decent PC with good specs - for work. I don't have a dedicated GPU and probably won't ever do that again. The market for PC went down many years, most people nowadays buy laptops or tablets to do their "internet stuff".

But these people aren't that active on forums so if you are active on forums you get a wrong picture of how many people actually play on PC.

I decided to play on consoles intentionally. Given that I sometimes use an emulator on my PC to replay some of my classic games.

You say that and you're from Germany of all places...where PC gaming is bigger than any console lol. You're certainly not like the average German as for the choice of a gaming system (vast majority choose PC or PS)

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

kowenicki said:

How does Xone lose?  You wouldn't have bought an Xone anyway.  So it makes no difference. 

Oh really ? Thank you I didn't know that.

It's sure that at the end of the gen if gears of war, fable (and maybe scalebound) were not on PC I would not buy a Xone because I can play these games through you tube :/

Well I was suppose to eat pasta tonight but now I am not sure anymore.  Can you tell me if "I would have" ?

Ps : These games will be available on Steam ?

COX said:
kowenicki said:

How does Xone lose?  You wouldn't have bought an Xone anyway.  So it makes no difference. 

Oh really ? Thank you I didn't know that.

It's sure that at the end of the gen if gears of war, fable (and maybe scalebound) were not on PC I would not buy a Xone because I can play these games through you tube :/

Well I was suppose to eat pasta tonight but now I am not sure anymore.  Can you tell me if "I would have" ?

Ps : These games will be available on Steam ?

As of right now they're confirmed for the Xbox App on Windows 10

Because the game is cross play then that's good for Fable Legends. More people playing and a bigger community.
Microsoft going forward does needs to make it clear what games are getting a pc release like they did with Ori and Titanfall.