By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So wii u sales are almost up 100% yoy in EU and US(week ending jan 3). Could there be new baselines in these regions?

Question in Title

Yes the momentum is real! 69 47.59%

Itll go back to 35k or below so no. 35 24.14%

I think it could go either way. 40 27.59%

Total:144

I'm not expecting any momentum this spring, with no price cut, and without any system sellers in the near future (with Star Fox and Zelda not having any real release dates).

Sadly, they might actually miss the horrible 3.6 million unit sales target (which I thought was a joke when they announced it).

Around the Network

Hehe I doubt it. As always with Nintendo hardware and VGC numbers you have better be pessimistic.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Ninsect said:
Hehe I doubt it. As always with Nintendo hardware and VGC numbers you have better be pessimistic.

but but

it was undertracked in the US in december by 30k

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

gamingpotato7 said:
The Wii U is getting a good momentum.

I'd say it could go either way, but more likely the baseline will be up.  However sales may be more flat this year, not boosting above it's baseline as much as MK8 did last year.

My 8th gen collection

Around the Network

Yeah it's really sad that there are lacking games coming out the first half of this year, probably killing the momentum gained over the last half year. Hopefully it will sell at around 50k for some months.. would be nice for people to realize that there are amazing games on this console.

I take VGChartz's Wii U and 3DS numbers with a huge grain of salt, they buy into the hype a little too easily and have overtracked Nintendo generously many times before. Lets wait and see with NPD.

Sal.Paradise said:
gamingpotato7 said:
The Wii U is getting a good momentum.

lol, well played sir. If I had a dollar for everytime we've heard the "Wii U is gaining momentum!" I'd have well ... $200 maybe, heh. 

Higher baselines? Sure. Significantly higher baselines? As it stands, I doubt it.

At best, I couldn't see it trending much higher than mid-40k. Even that could be too generous.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

Higher as last year, yes. But without a MK8 peak as well. So at least the first half of 2015 shouldnt be better than last year.