By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So wii u sales are almost up 100% yoy in EU and US(week ending jan 3). Could there be new baselines in these regions?

Question in Title

Yes the momentum is real! 69 47.59%

Itll go back to 35k or below so no. 35 24.14%

I think it could go either way. 40 27.59%

Total:144
Sal.Paradise said:
gamingpotato7 said:
The Wii U is getting a good momentum.

So relevant lol

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network

Regardless of it being up yoy, the sales will be so low that it's pointless to think about a possible turnaround, the console needs a price cut as soon as possible.

The sales are encouraging for Nintendo but while they have some momentum now their 1st QTR 2015 release schedule is barren.... So barren.

People keep saying that it needs games, and that the first half of the year is empty... I don't get it.

Do you guys know what the word empty means?

Of course, there's no Mario Kart this year, but Kirby, Mario Party, Rodea, Xenoblade, Splatoon, and perhaps Mario Maker or Yoshi. Europe is the least important market for Nintendo, and the mentioned games are coming in the first half for Japan and the US. Compare that to Wii Fit U and Donkey Kong last year.

And in my opinion, it could go either way. Go up or down, at least it is Alive... Unlike certain handheld that people usually forget because it's Sony's.

Too early to tell.

Around the Network

not 100%,, but will be up.
i think it can easily reach 4M in 2015.

The second half for Wii U will do a lot better, however, the first half is not that bad. With Kirby, Mario Party 10, Splatoon, Xenoblade (may be in second half for NA and EU) Yoshi's Woolly World, Project Robot and a few more on the way, the sales will be better this year over last years first half. And again, this years second will be better than last years second due to the fact of the major releases. Wii U only had two MAJOR system sellers which were Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. I have a feeling Xenoblade Chronicles X, Splatoon, Star Fox U AND Zelda U will all be system sellers. ESPECIALLY in NA. That is twice the amount of last year. Plus, rumor has it that Animal Crossing U is in the making which if it is, BAM, another system seller. So really, this year will definitely be better than last year, but depending on the surprises Nintendo has for us will determine how well.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Paatar said:
The second half for Wii U will do a lot better, however, the first half is not that bad. With Kirby, Mario Party 10, Splatoon, Xenoblade (may be in second half for NA and EU) Yoshi's Woolly World, Project Robot and a few more on the way, the sales will be better this year over last years first half. And again, this years second will be better than last years second due to the fact of the major releases. Wii U only had two MAJOR system sellers which were Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. I have a feeling Xenoblade Chronicles X, Splatoon, Star Fox U AND Zelda U will all be system sellers. ESPECIALLY in NA. That is twice the amount of last year. Plus, rumor has it that Animal Crossing U is in the making which if it is, BAM, another system seller. So really, this year will definitely be better than last year, but depending on the surprises Nintendo has for us will determine how well.

MK8 alone has more selling power than all those games together IMO.

The only game there with significant console selling power is Zelda.

My 8th gen collection

ICStats said:
Paatar said:

or a possible animal crossing(sold over 3 million on gamecube as a new ip in the west)

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

ICStats said:
Paatar said:

I would say Xenoblade Chronicles X has the potential to move some units, but it's a wild card.  However, the other games will stabalize the baseline at a higher level and the Wii U's image is vastly improved over the previous year.  The spikes won't be as extreme, but the baseline will be higher and more stable.