By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So wii u sales are almost up 100% yoy in EU and US(week ending jan 3). Could there be new baselines in these regions?

Question in Title

Yes the momentum is real! 69 47.59%

Itll go back to 35k or below so no. 35 24.14%

I think it could go either way. 40 27.59%

Total:144

So last year wii u sold 19k in EU week ending jan 4 while this year it sold around 36k.

Last year wii u sold 31k in the US while this year it sold 56k(but keep in mind wii u is undertracked by around 30k according to npd).

I was just thinking could wii u have new baselines in these 2 regions?

Possible or wont happen?

I personally think it could go either way.

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Around the Network

The Wii U is getting a good momentum. With time it won't probably sell as much as the other two, but 15 million lifetime predictions are ridiculous. Anyway, is it just me, or was the Wii U with 200k sold January 3rd a few days ago, and now it has 130k only?

gamingpotato7 said:
The Wii U is getting a good momentum. With time it won't probably sell as much as the other two, but 15 million lifetime predictions are ridiculous. Anyway, is it just me, or was the Wii U with 200k sold January 3rd a few days ago, and now it has 130k only?

that was 300k christmas week

it went down 160k the week after

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

There's no question that MK8 permanently helped the baseline -- we need to see if Amiibo/Smash does so too outside holiday season.

I don't think many of Nintendo's new releases first half of the year will help much in terms of boosts. Not even Splatoon or even XCX in Japan. This is all about lasting appeal of Ninty's biggest franchises (MK8, Smash, Zelda in the form of WWHD and Hyrule Warriros).

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

gamingpotato7 said:

I think you're right, but I may be remembering wrong.  

Eh, it is VGchartz. Are they ever accurate?

Around the Network

I think a 50k Baseline is possible - if there are no long droughts in between releases. Having quite a few memorable games and an unique lineup will probably also help to attract those who want to go multiplattform nd have a Wii U as secondary console.

While I fear the Wii U will drop below the aforementioned 50k, I don't think it will fall below 35k anytime soon again.

No. Wait for NPD. The baseline was not up 100% in either of these countries before the holidays, and certainly not DURING either. No reason for it to be up 100% now either.

WiiU did 49k last January, so for 100% it needs to do 98k.

That would be its second highest non holiday month, just beat out by Mario Kart June ...

To get some sort of perspective.

Seece said:
No. Wait for NPD. The baseline was not up 100% in either of these countries before the holidays, and certainly not DURING either. No reason for it to be up 100% now either.

WiiU did 49k last January, so for 100% it needs to do 98k.

That would be its second highest non holiday month, just beat out by Mario Kart June ...

To get some sort of perspective.

keep in mind though that although wont effect much

there is a leggy game called super smash bros for wii u

Bets:

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

the problem is 100% increase of nothing is still nothing.

seinsmeld said:
the problem is 100% increase of nothing is still nothing.

its not something its terrible

going to underperforming

Bets:

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?