By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles X localization "well under way"

Tagged games:

Spedfrom said:
Has Nintendo funded this game? And what about the original Xenoblade Chronicles?

I'm wondering about the possibility of Monolith Soft working on a PS4 game.

Nintendo bought Monolith last gen, they are a first party developer now.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
not sure why this isnt releasing in the west at the same time its releasing in japan. its been 2 years since this was announced and ever since there was strong anticipation for it in the west. plenty of time to work on localization alongside developing it.

Agreed. But do you know many JRPGs that release at the same time worldwide?

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

spemanig said:
Rêveur said:
I hope the english localization won't be british.

I never understand the logic when people say this. The colony is called Neo Los Angeles. It can't be British.

Which sucks because that was a huge reason why the original was awesome, and they should have just called the colony Neo London and given fans English VA again instead of the American VA we're sure to get now..

Really? Then why the game has got Japanese voice acting? 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

British voice acting is much more pleasant on the ears than American accents, I find. No offense to Americans, its just that when so much of English language games, movies, and TV shows have US accents, it gets a bit overdose-ish.

If Xenoblade Chronicles X ends up being a superb game I may buy a Wii U before the end of the generation* so I can play this game. This is a significant thing for me to consider because 1) I've never owned a Nintendo home console before and in general Nintendo home console games don't interest me, 2) I don't buy consoles for just 1 game and 3) I am pretty much a 1 console per generation person.

But my son likes SSB and MK, and I'm sure will like a few other Wii U games. And I would almost certainly get Bayonetta 2. So it would not be a completely wasted purchase outside of XCX.

*As long as I get permission from my wife and / or part funding from my son.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
*Sound Of Rain said:
Good news. Hope for a late Summer release

Which month is summer? I live in Brazil, so summer is right now =/

Also, I want a digital release for WiiU of the Wii Xenoblade please.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Materia-Blade said:
sc94597 said:
cfin2987@gmail.com said:

Closer to reality than using a New Jersey accent though. And yes, of course it has changed. But at least if they use accents from European countries, it works with the image of .....you know.....Europe. 

Except no. There are many things American English preserved that RP lost, and viceverse. Have you even read a Middle English text? Also since when did Xenoblade X take place in Europe? If anything it is in Neo-Los Angeles and other furture American city ships.

Xenoblade Chronicles X takes place in a different universe than ours.

Well the giant los angeles letters and the american flag and race of humans would make people think of our world, even if its set 1,000's of years in future or alternate timeline or whatever sci fi fantasy elements you want to use to rule out accents.  

Also who cares.  Some of my favorite actors that I would have thought wer eamerican were like British or Canadian.  And it wasn't their accent that gave them away.  They sounded completely american to me.  

So a Summer or Holiday 2015 release in the West?

irstupid said:
Materia-Blade said:

Xenoblade Chronicles X takes place in a different universe than ours.

Well the giant los angeles letters and the american flag and race of humans would make people think of our world, even if its set 1,000's of years in future or alternate timeline or whatever sci fi fantasy elements you want to use to rule out accents.  

I just think people in this thread are making a big deal out of something that almost no one cares (the voices accent "not fitting the city"). I personally prefer the british accents from xenoblade.

Nice to hear they're already working on the translation, but I still think it's gonna be a October release for the West.