By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles X localization "well under way"

Tagged games:

Materia-Blade said:
irstupid said:
Materia-Blade said:

Xenoblade Chronicles X takes place in a different universe than ours.

Well the giant los angeles letters and the american flag and race of humans would make people think of our world, even if its set 1,000's of years in future or alternate timeline or whatever sci fi fantasy elements you want to use to rule out accents.  

I think people in this thread are making a big deal out of something that almost no one cares (the voices accent "not fitting the city"). I personally prefer the british accents from xenoblade.

Yea i don't care either.  Not to mention America being the whole melting pot and all you will find people with a ton of accents everywhere.  Hell especially Los Angeles where you will find actors who come from all over the world to make it big.  Not surprising to find people of all accents there.

Around the Network
TheGoldenBoy said:
So a Summer or Holiday 2015 release in the West?

I don't think it will be any later than august. hopefully late june/early july.

RavenXtra said:
Nice to hear they're already working on the translation, but I still think it's gonna be a October release for the West.

Yeah, I predict an October release also.

curl-6 said:
RavenXtra said:
Nice to hear they're already working on the translation, but I still think it's gonna be a October release for the West.

Yeah, I predict an October release also.

I'm a touch more optimistic and betting September :P

It seems like the butter zone (Zelda is in Nov obvs, Star Fox is before it so Oct, Splatoon in May leaves June and July open where I see either Devil's Third or Yoshi landing and whichever doesn't will hit in August, thus leaving September for Xenoblade).

It really depends on how they handle voice acting.  In Xenoblade, only important stuff got voice acting and small stuff was text; if they do that here, it will save time.

spemanig said:

noname2200 said:

spemanig said:

Neo Los Angeles, dude. It takes place in a hub city called Neo Los Angeles. An American city. American.

...Why the fuck couldn't it have been Neo London?

Takahashi says it's because you touch yourself at night. Way to ruin it for everybody.

...Context clues. You should have been able to "ruin it" for yourself ages ago. This has been common knowledge for years.

I fully concede my joke was an 11 on the LameOMeter, but one of us is clearing missing something here. Is it me?

Around the Network
Metallox said:

Really? Then why the game has got Japanese voice acting? 

Language translation =/= accents.

with this huge game being released outside japan among september-november of this year, i think that zelda u will be shceduled for 2016

spemanig said:
Metallox said:

Really? Then why the game has got Japanese voice acting? 

Language translation =/= accents.

Oh ok, now I get it. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

megafenix said:

with this huge game being released outside japan among september-november of this year, i think that zelda u will be shceduled for 2016

...What does this game have anything to do with Zelda U's release date? Nothing. They aren't going to have a holiday with no block buster. XCX is not a block buster.

WagnerPaiva said:

Which month is summer? I live in Brazil, so summer is right now =/

Also, I want a digital release for WiiU of the Wii Xenoblade please.

June, July, & August