By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles X localization "well under way"

Tagged games:

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Please have good VA, Please have good VA, Please have good VA

Japanese VA with english subtitles.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
cfin2987@gmail.com said:
sc94597 said:
cfin2987@gmail.com said:
Conegamer said:
Rêveur said:
I hope the english localization won't be british.

Why not? The English localization was awesome in Xenoblade Chronicles. Much better than in other JRPG's IMO (Kallian, Melia, Dunban, Egil being highlights).

Hoping they come back

It's called xenophobia. The English language is from England after all, and England is part of Britain. The worst is when TV networks make European medieval  fantasy shows with American accents. 

Because medieval Englishman spoke modern English and not middle English? Anyway Shakespeare probably had a rhotic accent. Both Standard American English and Recieved Pronounciation are likely different from English spoken in Britain during the middle ages and up until the late 18th century.

Closer to reality than using a New Jersey accent though. And yes, of course it has changed. But at least if they use accents from European countries, it works with the image of .....you know.....Europe. 

Except no. There are many things American English preserved that RP lost, and viceverse. Have you even read a Middle English text? Also since when did Xenoblade X take place in Europe? If anything it is in Neo-Los Angeles and other furture American city ships.

sc94597 said:
cfin2987@gmail.com said:

Closer to reality than using a New Jersey accent though. And yes, of course it has changed. But at least if they use accents from European countries, it works with the image of .....you know.....Europe. 

Except no. There are many things American English preserved that RP lost, and viceverse. Have you even read a Middle English text? Also since when did Xenoblade X take place in Europe? If anything it is in Neo-Los Angeles and other furture American city ships.

Xenoblade Chronicles X takes place in a different universe than ours.

Materia-Blade said:
sc94597 said:
cfin2987@gmail.com said:

Xenoblade Chronicles X takes place in a different universe than ours.

And the medival fantasy movies/shows don't? He first argued that it is xenophobia to not want English voice-actors in Xenoblade X. Then he argues that he hates it when there are American accents in medival fantasy movies/shows because it is based on Europe. Then he says that it doesn't matter whether or not the language is accurate, what matters is where the accent comes from. So I mentioned that Xenoblade X doesn't take place in Europe, the characters come from an American city ship. Using his logic that an accent must come from the same location that the setting takes place, it would not be xenophobia to only want American VA's because the game takes place on an American city-ship. 

Conegamer said:
Rêveur said:
I hope the english localization won't be british.

Why not? The English localization was awesome in Xenoblade Chronicles. Much better than in other JRPG's IMO (Kallian, Melia, Dunban, Egil being highlights).

Hoping they come back.

Yeah, I thought that the British localisations of Xenoblade Chronicles and The Last Story (even more so) were great. I don't think it'll be British this time, the starting hub of the game is "Neo Los Angeles" after all. 

Around the Network
outlawauron said:

But surely the British pool isn't much better. Honestly, only game I've played to completion with British accents was AC3 and The Last Story. The Last Story was alright, but they have the same problem as US. The male VAs are alright, but my goodness, it's rare to find female characters voiced well.

You're probably right in general, but I think they did pretty good with the first Xenoblade. The only characters that I really disliked were Riki's and Shulk's, and the latter was only when he was screaming or trying to portray rage. Otherwise, whoever the voice director was cast wisely, including with the female characters. By contrast, they'll probably draw from the usual pool of American voice actors, none of whom ever really impress me.

noname2200 said:
outlawauron said:

But surely the British pool isn't much better. Honestly, only game I've played to completion with British accents was AC3 and The Last Story. The Last Story was alright, but they have the same problem as US. The male VAs are alright, but my goodness, it's rare to find female characters voiced well.

You're probably right in general, but I think they did pretty good with the first Xenoblade. The only characters that I really disliked were Riki's and Shulk's, and the latter was only when he was screaming or trying to portray rage. Otherwise, whoever the voice director was cast wisely, including with the female characters. By contrast, they'll probably draw from the usual pool of American voice actors, none of whom ever really impress me.

Can't say I'm too likely to finish the game in British. With dual audio on such a long game, I'll likely default to JP.

I definitely appreciate Nintendo leaving it in there.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Clyde32 said:
noname2200 said:

Materia-Blade said:

Actually, Nintendo bought Namco in 2008, but stupid japanese government didn't allow the transaction to be completed. So, nintendo got monolith instead (great deal, but monolith + namco would be overkill).

I genuinely did not know that. Huh. What's the story behind it?

Nintendo was trying to purchase Namco. They had everything worked out to do so, but because that would give them a Monopoly, it was against the law and the government stepped in. So instead Namco decided to just give Nintendo Monolith Soft instead. 

Not that it made much difference as Nintendo acquired a controlling interest in 2007 (they bought 80% of Namco's 96%).  Another fun fact, despite the name, Xenoblade Chronicles as a franchise is actually not part of the Xeno series but a spiritual successor.  Originally it was titled "Monado and the Beginning of the World."

sc94597 said:

never said it did. please read the conversation before making comments. "The worst is when TV networks make European medieval  fantasy shows with American accents."

thanks. 

Quote Tree Shortened and User Moderated - Conegamer

Please no clueless and annoying beetcheez... I mean "female leads", like almost every JRPG out there. Ryfia, Colette, Polka, Xehlla, Elena, Marta, ugh... The list goes on and on, same clichéd ass "cute" and "supportive" female leads with high pitch annoying voices, screw that.

Thankfully Elma doesn't seem to be that type of chick, and she doesn't have the looks either. Fingers crossed for a good female lead.

I love JRPGs, love their cliches too, but hate that type of character. Hopefully they'll be similar to Marino from X Command Mission; she's strong, knows how to kick butt, does more than just healing and get in the way of the storyline by creating love interest in the male lead.

HYPED FOR THIS GAME.