By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles X localization "well under way"

Tagged games:

Jranation said:
are they a big company?

Who?

Around the Network
Spedfrom said:
Incubi said:
Spedfrom said:
Has Nintendo funded this game? And what about the original Xenoblade Chronicles?

I'm wondering about the possibility of Monolith Soft working on a PS4 game.

Monolith Software is a Nintendo subsidiary. Would be weird if they didn't fund it:p

0% chance.

I wasn't aware Monolith Soft was a Nintendo subsidiary. Has it always been so since Monolith Soft's inception or did Nintendo buy them at some point?

Nintendo bought them from Namco back in 2008.

t3mporary_126 said:
Monolith needs to hire GameFreak's localization team to get this out in the world sooner.

I believe it's the same localization team.

This better come out during my summer vacation
I want to have a bunch of free time to play this

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

spemanig said:
Conegamer said:

Why not? The English localization was awesome in Xenoblade Chronicles. Much better than in other JRPG's IMO (Kallian, Melia, Dunban, Egil being highlights).

Hoping they come back.

Neo Los Angeles, dude. It takes place in a hub city called Neo Los Angeles. An American city. American.

...Why the fuck couldn't it have been Neo London?

On a fictional universe, they can have whatever accent the developers want.

Around the Network
Materia-Blade said:
spemanig said:
Conegamer said:

Why not? The English localization was awesome in Xenoblade Chronicles. Much better than in other JRPG's IMO (Kallian, Melia, Dunban, Egil being highlights).

Hoping they come back.

Neo Los Angeles, dude. It takes place in a hub city called Neo Los Angeles. An American city. American.

...Why the fuck couldn't it have been Neo London?

On a fictional universe. they can have whatever accent the developers want.

This is true^ They do have aliens in Neo Los Angeles. But alas, it is NoA localizing the game, so it's up to them.

curl-6 said:
bananaking21 said:
not sure why this isnt releasing in the west at the same time its releasing in japan. its been 2 years since this was announced and ever since there was strong anticipation for it in the west. plenty of time to work on localization alongside developing it.

Agreed. 

Partialy agreed. I've seen a video showing how hard it is to translate japanese texts in games (many words don't have proper translations). if it's like the first xenoblade, there will be huge amounts of text and audio. So, if the western version comes only a few months after the japanese, it means they started localization as soon as the project started and should receive credit from that. 

Clyde32 said:
Spedfrom said:

I wasn't aware Monolith Soft was a Nintendo subsidiary. Has it always been so since Monolith Soft's inception or did Nintendo buy them at some point?

Actually, Nintendo bought Namco in 2008, but stupid japanese government didn't allow the transaction to be completed. So, nintendo got monolith instead (great deal, but monolith + namco would be overkill).

Materia-Blade said:
Clyde32 said:
Spedfrom said:

Actually, Nintendo bought Namco in 2008, but stupid japanese government didn't allow the transaction to be completed. So, nintendo got monolith instead (great deal, but monolith + namco would be overkill).

Was actually going to say this, but I figured I just needed to say they were bought. 

Clyde32 said:
Materia-Blade said:
Clyde32 said:
Spedfrom said:

Was actually going to say this, but I figured I just needed to say they were bought. 

Actually it makes a big difference. After reading your previous post I thought Monolith Soft was bought because Xenosaga flopped and they needed a new partner that would invest money on them. This puts the matter under a different light.