By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles X localization "well under way"

Tagged games:

Spedfrom said:
Clyde32 said:

Was actually going to say this, but I figured I just needed to say they were bought. 

Actually it makes a big difference. After reading your previous post I thought Monolith Soft was bought because Xenosaga flopped and they needed a new partner that would invest money on them. This puts the matter under a different light.

Alright then. They got them from namco on the rebound after a failed attempt to purchase Namco because of the Japanese government.

Around the Network

This is welcome news, but I could still see localization for this game taking quite a while. The original Xenoblade Chronicles was released in Japan on 10 June 2010. It didn't see a western release until 19 August 2011 when it released in the EU (Nevermind the fact that it wasn't released in NA until 6 April 2012). My point is that this game will almost definitely be a Holiday 2015 release, and maybe even a Q1/Q2 2016 release in the West. I know that's not what people want to hear, but considering the history of the first game, it's a strong possibility.

Please have good VA, Please have good VA, Please have good VA

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

SJReiter said:
This is welcome news, but I could still see localization for this game taking quite a while. The original Xenoblade Chronicles was released in Japan on 10 June 2010. It didn't see a western release until 19 August 2011 when it released in the EU (Nevermind the fact that it wasn't released in NA until 6 April 2012). My point is that this game will almost definitely be a Holiday 2015 release, and maybe even a Q1/Q2 2016 release in the West. I know that's not what people want to hear, but considering the history of the first game, it's a strong possibility.

That doesn't make sense because XC wasn't even considered for localization until after the game was released due to Operation Rainfall, where as XCX was intended to be localized from the get-go and its announcement in the January 2013 Direct proves that. This means that localization has been going on for a while now, and it's highly unlikely this game will be pushed back an entire year compared to the Japanese release. It will release no later than the holiday of this year.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

cfin2987@gmail.com said:

It's called xenophobia. The English language is from England after all, and England is part of Britain. The worst is when TV networks make European medieval  fantasy shows with American accents. 

Agreed. French accents or GTFO.

spemanig said:

Neo Los Angeles, dude. It takes place in a hub city called Neo Los Angeles. An American city. American.

...Why the fuck couldn't it have been Neo London?

Takahashi says it's because you touch yourself at night. Way to ruin it for everybody.

outlawauron said:

While the accent is something Americans can appreciate, the talent pool in England has to be smaller than the already tiny talent pool in the US. Can't imagine there's much an ability difference.

But the pool normally drawn from in the US for these projects is so bad...

Materia-Blade said:

Actually, Nintendo bought Namco in 2008, but stupid japanese government didn't allow the transaction to be completed. So, nintendo got monolith instead (great deal, but monolith + namco would be overkill).

I genuinely did not know that. Huh. What's the story behind it?

Around the Network
noname2200 said:

Materia-Blade said:

Actually, Nintendo bought Namco in 2008, but stupid japanese government didn't allow the transaction to be completed. So, nintendo got monolith instead (great deal, but monolith + namco would be overkill).

I genuinely did not know that. Huh. What's the story behind it?

Nintendo was trying to purchase Namco. They had everything worked out to do so, but because that would give them a Monopoly, it was against the law and the government stepped in. So instead Namco decided to just give Nintendo Monolith Soft instead. 

Skullwaker said:
SJReiter said:

That doesn't make sense because XC wasn't even considered for localization until after the game was released due to Operation Rainfall, where as XCX was intended to be localized from the get-go and its announcement in the January 2013 Direct proves that. This means that localization has been going on for a while now, and it's highly unlikely this game will be pushed back an entire year compared to the Japanese release. It will release no later than the holiday of this year.

From what I understand, Operation Rainfall was a movement to get it released in NA, not just localized to the West. I think they released XC with the intention of localizing it, which they did for EU, but Operation Rainfall began after it was released in EU. Could be wrong though...

cfin2987@gmail.com said:
Conegamer said:
Rêveur said:
I hope the english localization won't be british.

Why not? The English localization was awesome in Xenoblade Chronicles. Much better than in other JRPG's IMO (Kallian, Melia, Dunban, Egil being highlights).

Hoping they come back

It's called xenophobia. The English language is from England after all, and England is part of Britain. The worst is when TV networks make European medieval  fantasy shows with American accents. 

Because medieval Englishman spoke modern English and not middle English? Anyway Shakespeare probably had a rhotic accent. Both Standard American English and Recieved Pronounciation are likely different from English spoken in Britain during the middle ages and up until the late 18th century.

sc94597 said:
cfin2987@gmail.com said:
Conegamer said:
Rêveur said:
I hope the english localization won't be british.

Why not? The English localization was awesome in Xenoblade Chronicles. Much better than in other JRPG's IMO (Kallian, Melia, Dunban, Egil being highlights).

Hoping they come back

Because medieval Englishman spoke modern English and not middle English? Anyway Shakespeare probably had a rhotic accent. Both Standard American English and Recieved Pronounciation are likely different from English spoken in Britain during the middle ages and up until the late 18th century.

Closer to reality than using a New Jersey accent though. And yes, of course it has changed. But at least if they use accents from European countries, it works with the image of .....you know.....Europe. 

noname2200 said:

outlawauron said:

While the accent is something Americans can appreciate, the talent pool in England has to be smaller than the already tiny talent pool in the US. Can't imagine there's much an ability difference.

But the pool normally drawn from in the US for these projects is so bad...

But surely the British pool isn't much better. Honestly, only game I've played to completion with British accents was AC3 and The Last Story. The Last Story was alright, but they have the same problem as US. The male VAs are alright, but my goodness, it's rare to find female characters voiced well.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.