By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 1080p30fps vs 720p60fps

?

1080p 30fps 258 37.34%

720p 60fps 393 56.87%

lol vidu gamez r 4 chums 36 5.21%

Total:687

For home console, it's hard to achieve higher resolution with 60fps stable due to limited CPU, GPU & RAM. Like we had one of the console can be upgradeable, its expansion pak which holds up to 8mb of ram for N64 to achieve higher resolution 640x480 natively, but failed due to frame drop. In modern day, always 720p/900p60fps.

For PC, you can always play 1080p & up @60fps.(There's more i wish i could tell you, but i'll stop here anyway)

So, personally, i'd take 720p/900p60fps every games, but i don't care honestly.

Around the Network

Well since i have my consoles hooked up to my PC moniters and sit 3 feet away from the screen I NEED 1080P, 720p looks like garbage

curl-6 said:
The difference between 30fps and 60fps is quite significant to me, the difference between 720p and 1080p isn't.

This is my opinion aswell.

It depends on the game. If it's a game where 60fps wont be much different than 30fps, I'd take the higher res.

If it's a game that makes obvious use of the 60fps, and would make a noticeable difference when playing, 60fps all the way.

720p/60fps. I honestly can't understand why people flip out over resolution.

Around the Network

Good discussion! Although only few software has actually pushed out 1080p 60fps - looking at Nintendo with its super high quality. I'm surprised other software from different companies hasn't really taken that route yet.

It really depends. I don't care so much about the frame count, it just needs to be steady. So rock solid 30 fps are better than a game that is constantly jumping between 40 - 60 fps in my book. It just hurts my eyes if the framerate ain't stable. That said, I do like the crisp look of 1080p. So yeah, if a game has 30 fps without drops, I'll prefer 1080p.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

60 Frames > 1080P for 95% of games

For a game like Tetris, 1080P would be better

Frame rate>resolution.

Resolution only matters when you have a big TV, but frame rate matters not matter what TV you play it on.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

It depends on if the game requires a lot of quick movements and precision, like shooters. I don't tend to play those though, so I'd much rather have the higher resolution. There's a noticeable difference between the two framerates, but 30 is still high enough for me. That's still higher than movies, and it looks good in movies as well.

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9