Total:687
curl-6 said:
Nate4Drake said:
curl-6 said:
Nate4Drake said:
ExplodingBlock said:

Which do you prefer and why?

I personally think 720p 60fps is better

I would rather have smoother gameplay than better looking textures...

But what says you? (Is that even English...)

It depends from the genre. I prefer 60fps in racing simulation, while I prefer max details, better textures, effects, draw distance, physics, collision system, etc. at 30fps.

Also, this argument is valid if you apply this on the same hardware.  let's say, it's better 1080p/30fps for a PS4 game or 900p/60fps ? Or even 1080p/60fps with less details ?  The only thing I know is that PS4 still gives you the option of 1080p/60fps on demanding games(1st party developers), while a WiiU can only dream about it.

The more demanding PS4 games are still sub-1080/60fps.

In fact, I said PS4 still gives you the chances to have a demanding game at 1080p/60fps, if properly developed by a 1st party dev. Do you know what chances means ? it takes time to fully squeeze a new piece of hardware, and as I said, PS4 gives you the chance. WiiU can only dream about, for obvious reasons.

The most demanding PS4 games will always be sub-1080/60fps though. When you make a game at those specs, there is less power available to be spent on other things.

I said 'Demanding games', not the 'Most Demanding Games'.  Sure the MOST demanding games will be at 30fps.  Uncharted4 could easy run at 1080p/60fps if devs decide to put a bit less processing power in physics, collision system, and some details. it would still be a Demanding Game, but not the most demanding possible at 30fps.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network
Nate4Drake said:

I said 'Demanding games', not the 'Most Demanding Games'.  Sure the MOST demanding games will be at 30fps.  Uncharted4 could easy run at 1080p/60fps if devs decide to put a bit less processing power in physics, collision system, and some details. it would still be a Demanding Game, but not the most demanding possible at 30fps.

In this context "demanding" is a case of Your Mileage May Vary.
You may not find what Wii U can do at 1080/60fps to be demanding, but I bet a lot of PC gamers wouldn't consider what PS4 can do a 1080/60fps to be demanding either.

Framerate is always the most important. That said, I would prefer being able to have both 1080p and 60fps, with graphical compromises made elsewhere.

"Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

-Samuel Clemens

curl-6 said:
Nate4Drake said:

You may not find what Wii U can do at 1080/60fps to be demanding, but I bet a lot of PC gamers wouldn't consider what PS4 can do a 1080/60fps to be demanding either.

Sure 'Demanding' depends on the Hardware you develop for, but talking in general, you might apply the concept to the current generation of Consoles.

Of course a PC based on a Quad Titan is capable of much more than a PS4.   But I would consider Uncharted4 at 1080p/60fps a demanding Game, because it would look better than almost everything running on X1 and WiiU at 900p-1080p/30fps(X1) and 720p/30fps(WiiU).

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Nate4Drake said:
curl-6 said:
Nate4Drake said:

Sure 'Demanding' depends on the Hardware you develop for, but talking in general, you might apply the concept to the current generation of Consoles.

Of course a PC based on a Quad Titan is capable of much more than a PS4.   But I would consider Uncharted4 at 1080p/60fps a demanding Game, because it would look better than almost evrything running on X1 and WiiU.

That's petty much what I was saying, that it's matter of what one's standard for "demanding" is. 

Around the Network

It really does depend on the game but if I had to chose one standard for all my games it would be 720p 60fps.

Any game with shooting should be 60fps. Just cut the cinematic crap!

Absolutely 1080p and 30 fps. The last generation (PS3/360) the 90% of game ran at 30 fps, but no one cared. I played Uncharted, TLOU ecc... at the max dificulty and i haven't any problem. If the 30 are solid there aren' t problem. I play on a 58-inch tv, and i notice the difference between 900 and 1080p, imagine between 720 and 1080.

It never ends

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Depends on what kind of game. Fast paced games like racers, action games and fighting games, you'd better go for 60 fps. With slower games, more action adventure'ish, puzzle games etc... you can go for more detail.