By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Am I the only one who doesn't care about achievements/trophies?

How do achievements influence gameplay for you?

They're a major selling point for me! 239 49.90%

I'll try to get lots of ... 56 11.69%

They're mostly good for ... 54 11.27%

I just ignore them for the most part. 89 18.58%

I wish games didn't have them. 40 8.35%

Total:478

In general, I don't give a damn about 'em. Only games i bothered to get platinum in were Demon Souls and Dark Souls. After that, why bother with any other achievements/trophies.

Around the Network

Nope don't care m bag log is always growing never shrinking So I don't have time to worry about trophies.

If i was a teen I would probably care more though with all that spare time on my hands.

JazzB1987 said:

I agree. To me  playing Bayonetta and getting a gold silver or whatever medal every 4 minutes that artificially pauses / interrups my game killes the immersion for me.

Stuff like this should ALWAYS be optional and be turned off by default.

Deactivate it for the first playthrough.  Let playthrough 2 have that nonsense or let people who want that turn it on. (you know like in older games before the game starts  50hz or 60hz mode / progressive scan or interlaced mode.)
They should ask. Fun mode / work mode in games like Bayonetta before I reach the start screen.

I mean why the hell do I get a punishment when I want to enjoy the nice scenery the devs made for that specific game? Just because I was looking at a sunset for a minute or so I cant get the "best score" anymore rofl.

Also it feels like work. I dont play a game to have work.

Bayonetta, just like most of Platinum Games' games (uh), are done from an arcade-ish perspective in mind. The game reminding you how well you fared on the combat you just ended is part of their nature. Not asking for that in the game is not asking for a Platinum Games' game.

I do every trophies in every games I get... It gives something to do after completing the story mode. I voted trophies are a major selling point for me. If I see a game that can be platinumed in just a few hours I'll probably pass or wait for a price drop and when I see a game that would take like 50h and they look fun then I might pre-order the game cause I know I'll be occupied for a while.

PS4 Game Collection

They have grown on me, but i don't lose sleep over not getting them. And i am not one of those morons who refuse to play a game(translation: Nintendo-games) because they don't have them. Wanted to punch a guy once who said there is no incentive to play a game without them

Around the Network

I got to level 13 and I seem to have been stuck on it for over a year now even after playing and beating several games.

They aren't huge to me, but they're a nice feature, which allows you to explore features or areas of the game you might otherwise miss or skip over. Of course this is assuming the achievements are built properly to allow the scenario I mentioned.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

Yes, and I have nothing but contempt for people who don't like trophies. If they all had one face, I would kick it.

I hate them, games should reward players in meaningful ways, not just tell them "duh, nice job, have a cookie" everytime they finish a level/mission.

I'm now filled with determination.

I don't care too much about them, but I do kind of like them. I feel getting them is fun, and while I don't aim to get them all, they do make me do some stuff I might otherwise not do, if it's relatively painless. They can also be a nice progress indicator, depending on what kind of actions you get them for.