By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 50 Best Selling Games of all Nintendo systems in Japan

Gamecube only had 1 million seller. Thats shocking. How much did the gamecube sell in japan anyway?

Around the Network
KyleeStrutt said:
Interest for the game isn't that big, unless they make something in the lines of a 20k-25k yen bundle I don't see it helping.

It's legging out somewhat nicely thought, over 200k sold this year, so depends on how it can do on the holidays too, maybe some sort of complete version with all the DLC. 

It's biggest problem is the WiiU being pretty much done by next year, that could kill whatever sales potential it has left.

Also SMB is sort of a sequel to Mario Bros. which is in turn a spin off of Donkey Kong.

Yeah, I don't think it's particularly likely, but also not impossible. Would be nice to see it beat the odds.

And you're right. So in that case, Splatoon will be the first new IP on a Nintendo home console to be the top seller in Japan. Pretty amazing considering the Wii U will sell the least of them all (most likely).

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Great list thanks

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Nothing beats the NES as far as console wise for them.

Really nice lists, good work Kylee

That said, aren't you missing out a few other consoles in the 3rd/4th gen? Especially the PC Engine, since afaik the console outsold the SEGA Mark III/Master System in Japan.

By the way, how would you categorise the Sharp X68000, as a Computer or a Console?

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer said:
Really nice lists, good work Kylee

That said, aren't you missing out a few other consoles in the 3rd/4th gen? Especially the PC Engine, since afaik the console outsold the SEGA Mark III/Master System in Japan.

By the way, how would you categorise the Sharp X68000, as a Computer or a Console?

Now that I think of it, I actually want to see how well the WonderSwan really did.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

If you want to see data for the WonderSwan, PC Engine and what not click the 4th thread on my sig.

Thread updated, Splatoon is now the best selling Wii U game, Super Mario Maker really high up there as well.

Monster Hunter X is at the top of the 3DS line despite being out for a little more than a month, Yokai Watch, Monster Strike are also on it.

1 year since I made this thread.

Will update again in 3 months.

Ouch, the GC only had one million seller in Japan! Even the WiiU will probably end up with 4 of them (SMM could reach 1M).

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---