By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - It's been over five years since I was last here.

I remember your user name. That was five years ago? Holy crap.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Around the Network

Hi! I just returned too a few days ago. Nice to see you. There's always been lots of negativity, but I blame the console manufacturers for that for feeding the console wars (then again, I'm pretty negative myself these days for being treated badly as a customer).

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

I remember you. You are the guy with a squirrel avatar not named Sqrl (he left 4 years ago, btw, and can be found on Steam).

Today's community is tame in comparison to the early days. Back then even mods made ban-worthy posts (anyone remember FishyJoe?).

Welcome back! 5 years is a pretty impressive period of gime I must say!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I've given the forums a quick browse since my return, and am disappointed to see that much of the antagonism and vitriol remains from the late 2000s. That said, it does seem to be at least somewhat tamer, but there's still little to no camraderie between the various "camps" of console owners. I had hoped that there would be more enthusiasm for sharing views on why various games are great, and less hate for companies and their output. I know the negativity will never be fully wiped from any general gaming forum, of course; it's foolish to hope for that. But I had hoped that VG Chartz would at least mature a bit in the half-decade since my departure, and show more interest in intellectual analysis over wild guessing; game design philosophy discussion over fighting about what games are "more fun"; and support for differing console preferences over "my console's better than your console" pettiness.

Well, I suppose it's time to encourage that sort of discourse, then! Moreso than it already takes place here, of course.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Around the Network

Yes it was megaman!

It's weird, when people speak, I associate them to their avatars and i imagine it is their avatars speaking >.

I like money.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Fei-Hung said:
Yes it was megaman!

It's weird, when people speak, I associate them to their avatars and i imagine it is their avatars speaking >.<

Aah now i remember him. :-p.

Welcome back! Long live VGC Old Guard!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Welcome back.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P