By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One back at $349 from tomorrow!

BHR-3 said:
Dallinor said:
Aj_habfan said:
Pretty transparent. Market something as a limited time deal in order to incite people to act fast, even though the move is intended to permanent.

The fact they decided to wait one week is hilarious though. I thought they would either not let the deal run out at all, or bring it back in a few months so they can advertise a "new permanent price drop". Wonder what the thinking was on that one.

That's exactly what I don't understand. Unless I'm missing something, I don't really follow the logic in it.

i think they never really wanted to go to 350 to begin with remember it was dropped to 400 first then they threw in 2 games which is pretty common for MS during the holidays but then they cut to 350 followed by additional cuts during BF and Dec deals which could get you the 2 game bundle for 280-330 multi discount deals in a matter of 2 months

it just looks like there pulling the trigger each time there sales arent better than the PS4s

what leads me to believe this is why announce it today when NPD releases showing a marginal 200k victory and taking effect tomorrow in order to win Jan ive never seen price cuts announced or take effect like that

they must of thought that sales would continue to be better or on par with the PS4 after jan 3, online trackers showed that they fell off right after the 25th of Dec despite the 350 tag resulting in yet another trigger pull

Despite having predicted MS moves (but not this bizarre timing) and finding your additional considerations and possible explanations sensible, I'm still puzzled like Aj_habfan and Dallinor, because there was an almost ideal period to do the official cut, a few weeks later, when clearance sales period ends, this would have ensured a smoother transition, switching from the unofficial discounts made by stores both for the sales and the slow period on the list price already returned up, to the official definitive price drop, with maximum positive effects and minimised possible drawbacks.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

Lol, called it. To the T, actually

http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/2pom83/playstation_4_surpasses_1_million_sold_in_france/cmyqtn9

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/2qq53k/final_chance_to_buy_xbox_one_starting_at_349/cn8tspi

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6965464

Dallinor said:
riderz13371 said:

Dude...They were always going to keep the price 349. They raised it back up so people wouldn't say shit like "Oh you lied to us when you said it would end Jan 3"

It technically did end on January 3rd, they just knew damn well that they can't compete with the PS4 at 399. Plus I'm pretty sure Sony announcing that TLOU will be included with every PS4 bundle also had something to do with it.

Yes, we all suspected they would keep the price at $349. It makes sense.

So, was it better not to have consumers say 'you lied to us!' about the length of a promotional deal (seems like a small deal really, that could have been avoided with a press release), then to deal with consumers who bought the console for $50 more in an 8 day period?

I'm just trying to understand the rationale behind the move.

Also,I hadn't heard about TLOU being included in every bundle.

Yes it is and that is precisely what they did (which I called lol). XBone is already plagued by bad PR. They don't want to bring more to it.

They don't last a day wearing their pants...

I feel so absolutely smug about this right now. Because I called this to the letter, including the PR announcement, a month ago. Especially because when the price "went back up to $399", people here were saying things like "did you really doubt they'd do this? They said the promotion was gonna end, and it ended when they said it would. Who woulda thunk?" and all I said was "just wait".

I shoulda made a few bets....

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
darkknightkryta said:
riderz13371 said:

No Gamestops in Canada.

There's at least one in Barrie.  Not sure if its still open.

Either way, Gamestop owns EB Games. Which is in Canada

Yes, we know this.  It's just that for a bit of time, Gamestop was openning up stores here as well.  In a mall there was an EB and a Gamestop.  For whatever reason.

I have no problem with this(this is reat for anyone wanting to buy an xbox one heck Im tempted)
but why didnt they just announce the day before it ended that they will extend it
wouldnt that be easier and be less confusing

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

we all called this back in october with the "promotion" was first announced. ms is about as honest mud is clear.

but good for xbox. we all know xbox isn't worth as much as ps4 so it's good to see the price reflect that.

OfficerRaichu15 said:
I have no problem with this(this is reat for anyone wanting to buy an xbox one heck Im tempted)
but why didnt they just announce the day before it ended that they will extend it
wouldnt that be easier and be less confusing

Extending it would have created less hype. Keeping the definitive price cut separated makes it a more unique and less trivial event, more hype, more free advertising.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

shikamaru317 said:
Looks like it's not just the standard edition selling for $350, the AC Unity bundle just got restocked on Amazon for the first time in over a week, and it's selling for $350.

Amazon has been in stock all the time. Just third parties being fulfilled by Amazon were advertised. Amazon's 399 price was always in stock in the more buying options category.