By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One back at $349 from tomorrow!

Dallinor said:

I'm a bit baffled by this move. Why did they not just make this offer a permanent extension to the holiday price? Why raise the price again for 8 days, confuse retailers and consumers, then drop the price again. If the aim was to keep customers buying in large numbers to take advantage of what was advertised as a short and limited sale period, why not on the very last day just release a statement along the lines of "Due to the incredible reaction from consumers to the new Xbox One price point, we have decided to continue to offer the console at this price point for NA consumers...etc". No strange price swings, and no annoyed customers to deal with.

Was this call really made in one week? Or is lowering, then hiking, then lowering again a vaild strategy?

This move also confirms what we knew already, MS are lazer focused on their home market and this is definitely the best move for them.

Also, to those insinuating that money is no concern to MS, this cut should and would have been the same worldwide if that were the case. They particularly need to try and generate some momentum in Europe.

To me it seems like sales plummeted in the first week of January, and they had no choice but to drop the price. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
Dallinor said:

I'm a bit baffled by this move. Why did they not just make this offer a permanent extension to the holiday price? Why raise the price again for 8 days, confuse retailers and consumers, then drop the price again. If the aim was to keep customers buying in large numbers to take advantage of what was advertised as a short and limited sale period, why not on the very last day just release a statement along the lines of "Due to the incredible reaction from consumers to the new Xbox One price point, we have decided to continue to offer the console at this price point for NA consumers...etc". No strange price swings, and no annoyed customers to deal with.

Was this call really made in one week? Or is lowering, then hiking, then lowering again a vaild strategy?

This move also confirms what we knew already, MS are lazer focused on their home market and this is definitely the best move for them.

Also, to those insinuating that money is no concern to MS, this cut should and would have been the same worldwide if that were the case. They particularly need to try and generate some momentum in Europe.

Dude...They were always going to keep the price 349. They raised it back up so people wouldn't say shit like "Oh you lied to us when you said it would end Jan 3"

It technically did end on January 3rd, they just knew damn well that they can't compete with the PS4 at 399. Plus I'm pretty sure Sony announcing that TLOU will be included with every PS4 bundle also had something to do with it.

I think we all knew this was going to happen. They had to increase the price so that they weren't blatantly lying when they called the price cut 'temporary'. Glad it's at a competitive price again now. Your move, Sony.

Is the Kinect SKU going to be 450?

riderz13371 said:

Dude...They were always going to keep the price 349. They raised it back up so people wouldn't say shit like "Oh you lied to us when you said it would end Jan 3"

It technically did end on January 3rd, they just knew damn well that they can't compete with the PS4 at 399. Plus I'm pretty sure Sony announcing that TLOU will be included with every PS4 bundle also had something to do with it.

Yes, we all suspected they would keep the price at $349. It makes sense.

So, was it better not to have consumers say 'you lied to us!' about the length of a promotional deal (seems like a small deal really, that could have been avoided with a press release), then to deal with consumers who bought the console for $50 more in an 8 day period?

I'm just trying to understand the rationale behind the move.

Also,I hadn't heard about TLOU being included in every bundle.

Around the Network
riderz13371 said:
darkenergy said:

So you don't feel bad?! You monster! Those poor souls paid 50$ more =(

Hopefully you can take your receipt and get that money back, I'm sure you'll be able to.

Why are you labeling me "a poor soul" I got the White Xbox One for $399 and I have never regretted it not even once and I have a feeling more people feel this way.

You got it after it jumped up to 399 and now goes back to 349? During the 8 days it was 399? 

You know all the people that are pissed at this? Because I don't see any kind of backlash about this and don't forget the price cut before the holidays that I got my Xbox One, this doesn't seem like a problem for me.

Thanks for avoiding the question.

Later

Thanks for ignoring my answer which I bolded.

Later

Proud to be a Californian.

darkenergy said:

Later

Later

I really don't care because my comment was directed towards those who purchased it within the 8 days it was back up to 399, so why exactly are you quoting me?

Are you telling me consumers don't care if they got their 50$ back? I'm pretty sure the large majority would want that 50$ back, I don't need to be a mind reader to tell you that.

Roronaa_chan said:
Is the Kinect SKU going to be 450?

I don't think many people even buy that bundle anymore. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

darkenergy said:
riderz13371 said:

Later

Later

Cut out the pointless snide remarks guys.

Thanks.

riderz13371 said:

I really don't care because my comment was directed towards those who purchased it within the 8 days it was back up to 399, so why exactly are you quoting me?

Are you telling me consumers don't care if they got their 50$ back? I'm pretty sure the large majority would want that 50$ back, I don't need to be a mind reader to tell you that.

People didn't seem to want to get their money back when they purchase the White Xbox when Microsoft announced the $349 price for the holidays or was there an internet backlash about it.So if there was no problem when that happen then there shouldnt be any backlash about this as well.

Proud to be a Californian.