By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One back at $349 from tomorrow!

Ha I was right! People thought I was trolling when I said the price would go right back down the next week! I was only off by one week

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network

So they realized that The momentum was thank to the lower price?

OttoniBastos said:
So they realized that The momentum was thank to the lower price?

You think they didn't know?

So $299 Halo MCC bundle + Halo 5 for this fall right?

Should bundle it with Master Chief Collection. That would be awesome.

Around the Network
fireburn95 said:

Well I havent made it my life goal to study it in depth if thats what you mean

I just do know that ofcom and a couple other regulators/watchdogs do monitor unethical practices like this

OFCOM doesn't have anything to do with consumer regulation.  OFCOM, which is the equivalent to the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), regulates and oversees the airwaves in the UK and ensures that offensive programming or fraudulent advertising is dealt with and kept off the airwaves.  OFCOM would be involved if Microsoft made a fraudulent claim or price in an advertment for the Xbox One.

For example, OFCOM is the government body in the movie "Pirate Radio"/"The Boat That Rocked" that attempted to stop the pirate radio station operating aboard the trawler off the coast of the UK. 

The Office of Fair Trading is the Britiish government agency that regulates consumer trade in the UK.  It would be the equivelent to the US Federal Trade Commision (FTC).  I can't locate anything that suggests that changing a price in the UK from one price, to another, than back again to another is illegal. 

Wait they called "new promotion",that means it will end eventually?

OttoniBastos said:

We don't know. Some people are saying that by calliing it a promotion, it will boost sales more in January and Feb. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

OttoniBastos said:

Probably. They are trying to make people think the sales will end so people will buy now instead of later.

Selling the console for less than it costs to make is called falling into a money pit. Businesses like Microsoft with many other profitable branches eventually get rid of money pits.

If they lose 20 bucks for every console, that's 20 million dollars not in their pocket.

Businesses, even ones worth billions, don't want to be without that 20 million.