By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One back at $349 from tomorrow!

jlmurph2 said:
Euphoria14 said:
jlmurph2 said:

Because they already mentioned it?

In the 2nd disclaimer, yes, but not the first *, which takes precidence over the **.

They would likely track it but not disclose it in public info for a company to know which of their bundles moved best. To see how effective that bundle was.

I will have to go back and look but I am sure that after the September NPD we got further info from leakers about total Destiny sales when the bundle was included, which brought it above the XBox One version, which showed higher on the public report. If they track what each SKU sold then of course by default that includes the software sales along with it.

So your post does have something to do with the argument then?

Yes, the part about whether or not NPD ultimately tracks bundles software, as I stated. Nothing at all though with the argument you were initially having about whether or not the XBox One sold more software overall, whether that be with or without bundles included, as that wouldn't matter since PS4 had plenty of software bundled as well.

In regards to that argument it is obvious that at retail the XBox One sold more software in the US. Can't comment on who sold more digitally though or whether or not that would even factor into who sold more overall since we have no info to work off of to even begin that discussion.

Xbox One sold the most hardware and the most software between November and December. I don't see why anyone would think otherwise. Sold most software when not including bundles and sold most hardware which also included software. The winner for overall software is painstakingly obvious.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
darkknightkryta said:
riderz13371 said:

No Gamestops in Canada.

There's at least one in Barrie.  Not sure if its still open.

Either way, Gamestop owns EB Games. Which is in Canada

Ka-pi96 said:
fireburn95 said:

Increasing a price and very quickly reducing the price as an 'offer' is unethical. It is a banned practice here in the UK. We have OFCOM for stuff like that.

Saying it's banned in the UK is kind of wrong. Have you never seen any of those adverts that say some product is now only some low price with a disclaimer underneath saying the price it was at the higher price for a period of like 5 days or something. They have it at the higher price for a very short period for the sole purpose of advertising it as a new low price, that is legal here and happens all the time.

So, I'm sensing Fireburn95 doesn't know UK consumer law either or how consumerism works in the UK. 

Glad he/she chimed in on the subject, much value added.   Thanks for the clarification on UK pricing, Ka-Pi96.

Euphoria14 said:
jlmurph2 said:

Yes, the part about whether or not NPD ultimately tracks bundles software, as I stated. Nothing at all though with the argument you were initially having about whether or not the XBox One sold more software overall, whether that be with or without bundles included, as that wouldn't matter since PS4 had plenty of software bundled as well.

In regards to that argument it is obvious that at retail the XBox One sold more software in the US. Can't comment on who sold more digitally though or whether or not that would even factor into who sold more overall since we have no info to work off of to even begin that discussion.

Xbox One sold the most hardware and the most software between November and December. I don't see why anyone would think otherwise.

Well it had more to do with the fact that MS is making some money from these software sales. He figured the "most sold software" statement included bundles. That's how we got into the thing about bundles not being in the software numbers for NPD. In the end it didn't matter because MS was being truthful about the software sales without the bundles.

Sales must have been complete shit for them to drop it this fast again. I'm betting retailers were complaining of too much stock if those Neogaf reports are any indication.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
I find it kinda silly that there are calling it a "promotion", as if the price is going to go back up at some point, I highly doubt that that is going to happen.

Calling it a promotion is Microsofts way of getting gullible consumers to rush out and buy it thinking this is something temporary.

spurgeonryan said:
So they raised it for a few weeks and ....that was it? Now its back down!

1 week. 9 days to be exact.

jlmurph2 said:
Euphoria14 said:
jlmurph2 said:

Xbox One sold the most hardware and the most software between November and December. I don't see why anyone would think otherwise.

Well it had more to do with the fact that MS is making some money from these software sales. He figured the "most sold software" statement included bundles. That's how we got into the thing about bundles not being in the software numbers for NPD. In the end it didn't matter because MS was being truthful about the software sales without the bundles.

Ah, gotcha. Either way I think you come out on the winning end of that argument.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

chocoloco said:

Go America.  We win!!!

Team America opening song began playing in my head when I saw this post.

Currently playing:

Adinnieken said:
Ka-pi96 said:
fireburn95 said:

Increasing a price and very quickly reducing the price as an 'offer' is unethical. It is a banned practice here in the UK. We have OFCOM for stuff like that.

Saying it's banned in the UK is kind of wrong. Have you never seen any of those adverts that say some product is now only some low price with a disclaimer underneath saying the price it was at the higher price for a period of like 5 days or something. They have it at the higher price for a very short period for the sole purpose of advertising it as a new low price, that is legal here and happens all the time.

So, I'm sensing Fireburn95 doesn't know UK consumer law either or how consumerism works in the UK. 

Glad he/she chimed in on the subject, much value added.   Thanks for the clarification on UK pricing, Ka-Pi96.

Well I havent made it my life goal to study it in depth if thats what you mean

I just do know that ofcom and a couple other regulators/watchdogs do monitor unethical practices like this

So, it's again a temporary pricedrop like they said ? Or will they say it for good, a "official pricecut ?".

Maybe they will let the price at 350 until the end of januar, then make it to 400 again...then drop one more time : D