By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One back at $349 from tomorrow!

jlmurph2 said:
Euphoria14 said:
jlmurph2 said:

Looks like software domination to me

While the ** states it does not include sales included with hardware bundles the disclaimer at the bottom does not state that.

The issue of not including software sales bundled with hardware might only account for the Top 10.

Personally I haven't a clue if they do or don't, but what you just posted makes it seem to be the way I just percieved it.

*My post has nothing to do with your argument about who sold more software overall, just the issue of whether NPD ultimately tracks software bundled with hardware.

Why would they count bundled for everything except the top 10? Makes no sense.

No clue, but why when they state specifically (in the *disclamer) what game sales they do not track they omit the one thing they mentioned in the ** disclaimer? It doesn't make any sense either.

Maybe the Top 10 is to show which games were the Top sellers for the month by their own right. Which games sold best just by people walking into a store to purchase them without anything else attached.

Someone else would obviously know better than I do.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Adinnieken said:
fireburn95 said:
Adinnieken said:
fireburn95 said:
Lol smart business move, increase the price to $399 for 8 days, fuck up those couple hundred thosand who bought it during then by decreasing the price days later

Every retailer in the US offers price matching within at least 14 days of purchase.

Anyone who doesn't receive the difference back didn't try to get it back.

It's also unethical, increasing a price just so days later you can decrease it and call it a price offer, when 350 is the base price pretty much now

How is it unethical?  I don't think you know the definition of ethics or what constitutes ethical.

Its roughly the same as selling something full price the day before it goes onsale at a lower price.  There isn't anything unethical about it.  It's business. 

If a guy comes into my store at 9:00 AM and I have a large inventory of blueberry muffins and charge him full price, yet offer the person who comes in at noon a discounted price because the amount of sales in the morning weren't what I anticipated, there isn't anything unethical about it.  Not even if the following day I realize that at the lower price I'm assured that I sell more muffins and that same early morning customer comes back and buys another muffin at the lower price. 

Business is about supply and demand.  Simply.  Basic.  Economics. 

Increasing a price and very quickly reducing the price as an 'offer' is unethical. It is a banned practice here in the UK. We have OFCOM for stuff like that.

Good move, keep the momentum going, especially in the US.

Euphoria14 said:
jlmurph2 said:
Euphoria14 said:
jlmurph2 said:

Looks like software domination to me

While the ** states it does not include sales included with hardware bundles the disclaimer at the bottom does not state that.

The issue of not including software sales bundled with hardware might only account for the Top 10.

Personally I haven't a clue if they do or don't, but what you just posted makes it seem to be the way I just percieved it.

*My post has nothing to do with your argument about who sold more software overall, just the issue of whether NPD ultimately tracks software bundled with hardware.

Why would they count bundled for everything except the top 10? Makes no sense.

No clue, but why when they state specifically (in the *disclamer) what game sales they do not track they omit the one thing they mentioned in the ** disclaimer? It doesn't make any sense either.

Because they already mentioned it?

DerNebel said:
I find it kinda silly that there are calling it a "promotion", as if the price is going to go back up at some point, I highly doubt that that is going to happen.

maybe they'll raise it before E3 again so they can announce an official price drop ;)

Around the Network
fireburn95 said:

Increasing a price and very quickly reducing the price as an 'offer' is unethical. It is a banned practice here in the UK. We have OFCOM for stuff like that.

In the US, we have price gouging laws, which are triggered by sharp variations in price, to capitalize on demand. This situation, however, is a bit outside the norm.

Quote Tree Shortened - Conegamer

They have just mess up everyone or third party that bought the xbox one with a price drop to resell it a bit higher.

true_fan said:
Good move, keep the momentum going, especially in the US.

You mean literally only in the US.

A good move by MS. Market share at the end of the day will have a huge impact on long term profit and the overall viability of the platform.

So i dont think MS will be too concerned about short term losses (if they even have any). I'm sure MS would prefer Xbox makes them profit, but that's not the sole reason for the console's existence.

Xbox is MS's foot into the living room space...a place where they dont have much presence. And while they haven't expanded on it too much outside of gaming it's an avenue they can exploit down the line.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Conegamer said:
MoHasanie said:
Conegamer said:
Makes a lot of sense, if it sold better and they were making profit why not? Hopefully it'll mean more people can enjoy the system, and that's good for everyone.

Also things are escalating very quickly here. Cut it out with the personal attacks and sly digs else fear the wrath of my banhammer, because there's no need for it.

How do we know they were making a profit? 

I don't see why they'd drop the price otherwise.

Because they don't want to lose the only territory Xbox can do well in. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54