By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One back at $349 from tomorrow!

Dallinor said:
darkenergy said:
riderz13371 said:

Thanks for avoiding the question.

Later

Thanks for ignoring my answer which I bolded.

Later

Cut out the pointless snide remarks guys.

Thanks.

Ok

Thanks. Didn't see this,sorry.

Proud to be a Californian.

Around the Network

As I wrote in a previous thread days ago, having stated the previous drop was temporary, they had to temporarily raise the price again before doing the definitive cut, otherwise they'd have risked two drawbacks, misunderstandings with customers and missing the huge PR value of a definitive cut.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

this will be the stand alone though right,not with the 2 ac games or was that bundle always $399,i thought $399 with the 2 ac games was good

I smell like the dark forest of Dwemereth in the morning mist                                                   fanboy til i'm bankrupt

The people complaining are just trying to storm up some negative MSFT news. The XB1 price went up less than 2 weeks ago, which means at almost all major retailers you can get refunded your $50 dollars.

jlmurph2 said:
Greenbeans said:
Selling the console for less than it costs to make is called falling into a money pit. Businesses like Microsoft with many other profitable branches eventually get rid of money pits.

If they lose 20 bucks for every console, that's 20 million dollars not in their pocket.

Businesses, even ones worth billions, don't want to be without that 20 million.

Or they don't sell as many consoles as they will now and make less money and lose marketshare. 1 is a better situation.

You don't understand that they're making a loss. Selling a million consoles with $50 profit is more than selling 10,000,000 with a $20 loss. 

1. +50,000,000 dollars. 

2. -200,000,000 dollars. 

Simple math. 

Around the Network

Pretty transparent. Market something as a limited time deal in order to incite people to act fast, even though the move is intended to permanent.

The fact they decided to wait one week is hilarious though. I thought they would either not let the deal run out at all, or bring it back in a few months so they can advertise a "new permanent price drop". Wonder what the thinking was on that one.

Well they are playing a game that damages their brand and have been making their customers and them selves look like fools. Ohh well when getting killed you got to do what you can regardless of consequences later. Still, not a way to ensure a good future.

Aj_habfan said:
Pretty transparent. Market something as a limited time deal in order to incite people to act fast, even though the move is intended to permanent.

The fact they decided to wait one week is hilarious though. I thought they would either not let the deal run out at all, or bring it back in a few months so they can advertise a "new permanent price drop". Wonder what the thinking was on that one.

That's exactly what I don't understand. Unless I'm missing something, I don't really follow the logic in it.

Greenbeans said:
jlmurph2 said:
Greenbeans said:
Selling the console for less than it costs to make is called falling into a money pit. Businesses like Microsoft with many other profitable branches eventually get rid of money pits.

If they lose 20 bucks for every console, that's 20 million dollars not in their pocket.

Businesses, even ones worth billions, don't want to be without that 20 million.

Or they don't sell as many consoles as they will now and make less money and lose marketshare. 1 is a better situation.

You don't understand that they're making a loss. Selling a million consoles with $50 profit is more than selling 10,000,000 with a $20 loss. 

1. +50,000,000 dollars. 

2. -200,000,000 dollars. 

Simple math. 

They appreciate marketshare more than hardware profit. The more hardware sold = the more software/subscriptions/accessories sold. 

Well I'm glad I have No intention of buying One (Pun intended) for now... Maybe when it's $200, so next year.

I'm amazed at how some people quote and reply to other messages... How are they able to if they're obviously blinded? And not by light! (God, I love that track).